Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkie
    replied
    I brought this up to show the skewed examples of small sample sizes. This thread was based off 14 interconference games. All the hysteria over Manning's cold play was based off 11 games.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    NFC took the overall lead and seems to have more playoff caliber teams

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SUPER BOWL XLVIII
    Tier 1 - Even at the top. I would give the slight edge to the Seahawks.
    Denver Broncos 7/2
    Seattle Seahawks 7/2
    New England Patriots 6/1
    New Orleans Saints 8/1

Tier 2 - Advantage NFC
    Carolina Panthers 12/1
    San Francisco 49ers 15/1

Cincinnati Bengals 20/1
    Kansas City Chiefs 28/1

Tier 3 - Advantage NFC; some of these teams will miss the playoffs, but Colts are almost a lock to make the playoffs in the weaker AFC.
    Dallas Cowboys 35/1
    Indianapolis Colts 40/1
    Detroit Lions 40/1
    Green Bay Packers 45/1
    Philadelphia Eagles 50/1
    Arizona Cardinals 60/1

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I like how Briggs lays out #27 after Ben doesn't throw him the ball. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Perfect timing for this thread after the 49ers and Packers had bad games. Neither conference is superior. The Broncos before the Clady injury were the favorites to win the Super Bowl followed by Seattle, San Francisco and Green Bay. The Broncos are still the AFC favorites followed by New England and Houston. It's close at the top, but the AFC has worse teams at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
    lol steelers

I like how Briggs lays out #27 after Ben doesn't throw him the ball. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    lol steelers

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    An appropriate comparison given the analogy that Med used.
    bingo

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    that looks a lot like an Eagirl fan
    An appropriate comparison given the analogy that Med used.

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    there are some NFL team equivalents of this:
    that looks a lot like an Eagirl fan

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post

I think we will know a lot more in 3 weeks about who is for real and who is a scheme poser to this point...

there are some NFL team equivalents of this:

Leave a comment:

• Mediator12
    replied
    Way too small a sample size to this point. The surprising teams have new HC's and/or new scheme's like KC, CHI, MIA. Teams that have lost close games like ATL, GB, and even CAR are better than their records indicate at this point.

I think we will know a lot more in 3 weeks about who is for real and who is a scheme poser to this point...

Leave a comment:

• SeedReaver
    replied
    AFC:
    Broncos - Looking great. We'll see how the loss of Clady hurts this team, though.

Bengals - Look like the second best team in the AFC, but I still have little faith in their offense come playoff time.

Houston - They will always have questions as long as Schaub is their QB

New England - Great defense, poor offense. They literally have zero receiving threats right now. Gronk will come back as a threat, but will get double teamed as the other receivers all drop Tommy Terrific's balls. If Amendola can stay healthy (haha) after he gets back, the Patriots might generate some offense.

Chiefs - mediocre team that will fall back down to earth if they play a decent team. Chiefs have a good supporting cast, but will find out why Alex Smith has been a bust his entire career.

Colts - Again, a mediocre team (but has high potential). If they can get on a good run at the right time, they could be the Giants of years past.

Dolphins-A young team on the rise, but ultimately will be judge by the play of their QB

B-more- The Defending champs will not go away. They have rebuilt their roster and I expect them to be in the playoffs.
    Good call including Miami, and yes Schaub is a huge question mark on that Houston team.

I doubt the Ravens make the playoffs this year. The Bengals will win the AFC North, and the two wildcard teams will be two of: Patriots/Dolphins, Indy/Houston, KFC, Ravens. I think the two wildcard teams will come from the AFC East and AFC South. It might be my blind hatred for the ratbirds, but I think they are a bad team this year.

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Interesting topic for the podcast.

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    AFC:
    Broncos - Looking great. We'll see how the loss of Clady hurts this team, though.

Bengals - Look like the second best team in the AFC, but I still have little faith in their offense come playoff time.

Houston - They will always have questions as long as Schaub is their QB

New England - Great defense, poor offense. They literally have zero receiving threats right now. Gronk will come back as a threat, but will get double teamed as the other receivers all drop Tommy Terrific's balls. If Amendola can stay healthy (haha) after he gets back, the Patriots might generate some offense.

Chiefs - mediocre team that will fall back down to earth if they play a decent team. Chiefs have a good supporting cast, but will find out why Alex Smith has been a bust his entire career.

Colts - Again, a mediocre team (but has high potential). If they can get on a good run at the right time, they could be the Giants of years past.

Dolphins-A young team on the rise, but ultimately will be judge by the play of their QB

B-more- The Defending champs will not go away. They have rebuilt their roster and I expect them to be in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    The NFC is completely overrated. 49ers hangover, Seahawks on the road, the Bears gifted 2-3 wins, the entire NFCE, Green Bay.

Falcons don't look any better than last year - they are good, maybe best in the NFC this year. That's it, one team that sort of okay all around.

Also, don't be so generous about the Jags, they will struggle to win one game this year. I have been calling 0-16.

AFC teams I would rate at/above the Falcons: Broncos, Pats, Houston, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins, Bengals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X