Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knowshon Moreno appreciation thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Win or lose this guy has been a ****ing stud tonight wow

    Comment


    • Dude bossed it. Problem is after 2 carries he waves off the field. Then the drives stall. Every OT possesion he got them to mid field then they put in a clown and it falls apart.

      Comment


      • wasted effort tonight. knowshon was the heart and soul, such a let down to lose on a idiotic mistake.

        Comment


        • Props to KM!

          That was a great effort, he is not going to take it all the way for 60, and there were chances last night to do so but he kept taking what the D gave him and he had good vision and made yards where there weren't any.

          I hope the early reports on ESPN's NFL Insiders are true and it is just an ankle bruise and he can play on Sunday because he can have another big day vs an even weaker kFc D.

          Congrats to KM on showing hart and grit in tough conditions with the ball coming out left and right.

          That said I think the success he had on the ground getting 8 yards here, 3 there, 15 here kept JDR and Gase from working more of the pass game. After PM started to trust his OL and he got some things working INTO THE WIND on the last TD drive he gained confidence he should have had in the 3rd and early 4th quarters.

          I sure hope we face these thugs in the playoffs because they have the threat of KM going off for 220+ on them in the back of their minds.

          Congrats KM, now heal up for kFc!

          Comment


          • He's starting to live up to his draft status. Unfortunately he's an RB and those have a short life.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              Dude bossed it. Problem is after 2 carries he waves off the field. Then the drives stall. Every OT possesion he got them to mid field then they put in a clown and it falls apart.
              First of all big props to KM. The guys been playing with passion and is not going down easy. He fights for every yard.

              What I dont get is why he always comes out after 2 plays like you eluded to. Is this by design, or is it their way of keeping him fresh throughout the game? Whatever, the drives freakn stall out alot lately when he's not in there. Keep him back there on 3rd to even fake it to, or drop off in a screen would be a good thing to me, but Im not a coach. There's no question PM going to pass in an empty set, thus showing our hand. In ideal conditions I like PM chances with our receivers, in an empty set.

              I sure hope KM will be able to play this Sunday.

              Comment


              • Yeah, they obviously let the RBs sub themselves in and out like D-linemen but it seems like Knowshon is the only one that is always gladly taking himself out. I don't get how he gets so tired so easily when you see guys like Gerhardt get 6 carries a season behind AP. It's my only complaint with Moreno, because outside of that he might be the most complete RB in the league.

                Comment


                • stud

                  and I'm pretty sure we lose the Dallas game if not for Moreno. I think the team feeds off his energy on the field too. Hope he comes back strong.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                    stud

                    and I'm pretty sure we lose the Dallas game if not for Moreno. I think the team feeds off his energy on the field too. Hope he comes back strong.
                    That third down catch off the ground was the game against Dallas. I can't even think of a drop this year, or one of his patented slips or shoe falling-offs. Absolutely lights out; I just wish he would play more than two straight snaps.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                      That third down catch off the ground was the game against Dallas.
                      it was and it was at a critical point in the game. he's running like he was at Georgia. really hope he can get healthy soon enough and come back with the same production and swagger he's had all year.

                      Comment


                      • I really don't see any way we don't pick up his option. The team was building to move on from him and now I don't think we can.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                          Yeah, they obviously let the RBs sub themselves in and out like D-linemen but it seems like Knowshon is the only one that is always gladly taking himself out. I don't get how he gets so tired so easily when you see guys like Gerhardt get 6 carries a season behind AP. It's my only complaint with Moreno, because outside of that he might be the most complete RB in the league.
                          its not just about the carries, its also about the time on the field 1 PLAYS, blocking, running routes, etc.
                          KM just had a 40 carry game and you want to question his work ethic?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                            I really don't see any way we don't pick up his option. The team was building to move on from him and now I don't think we can.
                            I don't think the team was necessarily building to move on from Moreno -- John Fox has a history of carrying a deep stable of running backs, and I think that we drafted Hillman in the 3rd and Ball in the 2nd because our depth was so poor at that position when Fox took over.

                            That being said, I don't think anyone expected Moreno to be having the kind of season he's having right now. I think the worrisome thing is that he's doing it during a contract year -- will he give the same effort once he signs that fat second contract?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                              I don't think the team was necessarily building to move on from Moreno -- John Fox has a history of carrying a deep stable of running backs, and I think that we drafted Hillman in the 3rd and Ball in the 2nd because our depth was so poor at that position when Fox took over.

                              That being said, I don't think anyone expected Moreno to be having the kind of season he's having right now. I think the worrisome thing is that he's doing it during a contract year -- will he give the same effort once he signs that fat second contract?
                              As far as I am concerned, he has earned a new contract. That said, the team will probably take that option year in his current contract. I think it pays him $4 mil. He is certainly worth it. Then they can worry about a long term contract in 2015.

                              Comment


                              • 1. Big Al was a bit critical of Knowshon yesterday. How many yards were left on the field? Knowshon had some amazing holes to run through; how many yards did he create on his own? How many tackles did he run through? How many guys did he completely juke?

                                2. I do think it's fair to note that almost all of the drives stalled after Knowhon took himself out of the game. Of course, I can't blame the man - that's a hell of a work-load. IMO, the was over-worked early on, it would have been nice to have knowshon be spelled more earlier so he could be fresh late. That, or more play-action pass to protect Moreno a bit more.

                                3. I think we got suckered by Belichick. He chose to let Moreno beat him as opposed to Manning. He did this by formation design - lots of DB's, 2 high safeties, but then playing run. He is giving up chunks of yards by doing that but not getting beat over the top - a bend-but-don't-break kind of defense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X