No announcement yet.

Knowshon Moreno appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of Knowshon. Hopefully he can stay around a few more years.

Comment

It's true he really is a good fit for this team with his pass protection and receiving out of the backfield. I'm surprised to see his YPC so high, maybe I'm just used to being a little down on him but he's definitely been running pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Proud of Knowshon. Hopefully he can stay around a few more years.
        Yup. Solid back for us, keep up the quality production Knowshon.

Comment

His blocking has been absolutely amazing. I just wish we could get Ball in there more because despite how well KM is playing, I still think MB is the future

Comment

He's becoming our Kevin Faulk. Not the greatest RB but a leader, pass protector, receiver out of the backfield and indispensable.

Comment

Look it up - I called this in preseason. KM would start and as long as he stayed healthy would be our number 1 RB. I thought perhaps MBall might make a move but seen nothing yet.

The reality is KM has been a very serviceable RB whenever he has been healthy, and that has not been that often. He is good to very good at all the things you need - running, blocking, catching. Was he drafted too high? Yes. Does that matter? No.

Comment

I'm happy for the kid. He really was one of my least favorite Broncos a couple of years ago, but he's really evolved into a critical part of the team going back to last year's playoffs. He's never going to be a feature back in the NFL, but in this 10-12 carry, occasionally split wide type rotational role he's thrived. Also, lost in PFM's greatness is that Ronnie Hillman has quietly played really well the past couple of weeks. Seems like the game is slowing down a bit for him and he's starting show the type of vision necessary to play at a high level. I'm thinking it's going to be a Moreno/Hillman rotation for the rest of the season with Ball getting some 4th quarter work as they grind defenses down.

Comment

Not sure why the hate for him. Hate the guards and centers for not run blocking. The whole key to a good running game is blocking unless your name is Adrian Peterson. It also helps to have a good qb so they don't stack the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger Roll View Post
                    Not sure why the hate for him. Hate the guards and centers for not run blocking. The whole key to a good running game is blocking unless your name is Adrian Peterson. It also helps to have a good qb so they don't stack the box.
                    The hate is for him ****ing up earlier in his career and because of where he was drafted. He was considered a potential franchise RB.
                    We all hoped he'd be a 1,300+ franchise RB but that didn't happen.

He's still a very important part of this team and has saved Manning's ass and neck quite a few times already this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                      The hate is for him ****ing up earlier in his career and because of where he was drafted. He was considered a potential franchise RB.
                      We all hoped he'd be a 1,300+ franchise RB but that didn't happen.

He's still a very important part of this team and has saved Manning's ass and neck quite a few times already this season.
                      That's exactly how I felt about Knowshon.
                      I've already given up on him to be the type of runner we all thought he would be.
                      Right now I like how he's been used and knowshon is doing a great job at blocking and executing his assignments quite well...

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post
                        That's exactly how I felt about Knowshon.
                        I've already given up on him to be the type of runner we all thought he would be.
                        Right now I like how he's been used and knowshon is doing a great job at blocking and executing his assignments quite well...
                        Oh god. Not this guy again... Did your mom finally give your computer back or are you sneaking on while she sleeps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                          Oh god. Not this guy again... Did your mom finally give your computer back or are you sneaking on while she sleeps?
                          Yes, it's me again.
                          still remember I got you banned once.
                          That still stings, doesn't it?

Also, I don't appreciate mentioning my mom, as she passed away douche bag!

Comment

• The Kevin Faulk comparison is a good one.

Just about servicable as a runner and an excellent third down back which is invaluable in this offense.

Still hoping Ball can work his way into getting more carries as the season progresses as he looks to be the most gifted runner we have, but Knowshon is a very important part of this team and will continue to be going forward.

Won't be at all surprised if he re-signs here at the end of the year, can't see anyone paying him big money and he seems to have really become a big part of the team here.

Comment

• I find his enthusiasm infectious even as a fan.

Comment

• Dude played his ass off again today

Comment

Working...
                                X