X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Hillman even get a carry today?

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
      We're watching two different backs I guess. Yeah his instincts are lacking and he runs into the back of his blockers, but I expect that a bit from a rookie. The problem I have is he seems to get dropped like a sack of potatoes upon contact though. For all the **** Hillman caught in the preseason (much of it deserved) for going down with initial contact, Ball has been worse and he much bigger. Just disappointing. I'm not expecting TD, but a poor man's Mike Anderson would be awesome.
      Huh, I've seen him fall forward and fight for tough yards plenty assuming he's had a chance to get a head of steam. If you're expecting the guy to just shrug off tackles from linemen and linebackers, I don't know what to tell you. I still maintain that his real issue right now (aside from the poor interior run blocking on many plays) is a lack of quality instincts and vision. And that alone is worrisome. In the NFL you are either a natural runner or you're not usually.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        Depressing that Ball and Hillman are just so mediocre. Doesn't help that outside of a handful of plays our run blocking was once again terrible. Opened up a little in the 2nd half. Moreno was good for us late last year, too, but this may have been his best overall game. But you just know he's going to get hurt again at some point.
        Broncos ran 3 wides and 1 TE for most of first half...switched it to 2 TE's and Manning under center more in 2nd half....running game improved in 2nd half.

Comment

Keep doing well until an injury. I hope it doesn't happen because I don't see a complete back yet from the other running backs.

Comment

All of our RB's less Moreno need better coaching. They (other than moreno) looked pretty poor thus far in 2 games.

Ball had 1 less carry today than Moreno and got 12/16 (1.3 avg) while Moreno had 13/93 (7.2avg) and the 2 TDs.
            Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Was Moreno the starter all along, but Fox wanted teams to game plan for the other backs assuming they would be a liability in pass blocking?

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
                Was Moreno the starter all along, but Fox wanted teams to game plan for the other backs assuming they would be a liability in pass blocking?
                I think he was trying to light a fire in Moreno more than anything. He had to see how much he wanted it and putting him seemingly third on the depth chart will show you exactly that.

Comment

What worries me is in the post game interviews, KM is talking about how he had family in the stands (he was born and raised in NJ) and so he wanted to put on a show. Maybe the Broncos should fly his family in every week?

I wonder if CJ will be ready to go against the Faders?

Comment

And some people actually think Knowshon will be inactive. YEAH RIGHT!

Comment

His fumble recovery was the sign that there was no stopping him.

Comment

He's still the same knowshon we all know. Nothing special here as far as being the running back we've all been waiting for him to be...

One thing that I liked though, is that he's now been used to take advantage of his best abilities and strengths; blocking, catching the ball on the run, etc... Still not as consistent of a runner as I'd like him to be, but I'm very happy with his new role.
                        He's definitely contributing huge.
                        I have no problems giving the guy props today.
                        Keep it up Knowshon...I'm almost a believer...nah!

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                          And some people actually think Knowshon will be inactive. YEAH RIGHT!
                          He can't be inactive. Right now, we're a lot thinner at RB than we were last year...
                          He's now the starter by default, and what the coaching staff has done with him is to utlize him to do what he does best, as opposed to just limiting him to run the ball, to be our ball carrier...

What Knowshon did today, is what the Broncos were hoping Hillman would become, but Hillman is not the blocker that Knowshon is...

Monte Ball needs more work yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            Huh, I've seen him fall forward and fight for tough yards plenty assuming he's had a chance to get a head of steam. If you're expecting the guy to just shrug off tackles from linemen and linebackers, I don't know what to tell you. I still maintain that his real issue right now (aside from the poor interior run blocking on many plays) is a lack of quality instincts and vision. And that alone is worrisome. In the NFL you are either a natural runner or you're not usually.
                            Fight for tough yards? I didn't even see that. The kid averaged slightly more than a yard and fell down like he was getting shot every time he got hit, with the exception of the fumble run. Yeah, interior run blocking was pretty spotty at times, but Moreno was able to get it going a bit between the tackles in the 2nd half. If anyone was fighting for tough yards today, it was KM. Ball did try to fall forward, so I guess there's that.

He's just a far cry from the steady grinder who would eat up 5, 6, 8, 10 yards as a Badger. Of course, Wisconsin's lines were dominant, so there's that. Not ready to give up on Ball by any means, but he better flash something soon.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Knowshon just runs weird?
                              Good game tho

Comment

I've come to appreciate Knowshon Moreno....dude simply needs to stay healthy.

He's a very well rounded running back....excellent receiver and an excellent pass blocker.

He's not very fast, but that's not a prerequisite for a running back to be good.

I'll give Knowshon a lot of credit for not complaining when he got benched last season....he quietly went about his business after his demotion and waited his turn and played well when he got his opportunity again....but then he got injured in the Baltimore playoff game when Denver was counting on him.

I'm rooting for him to stay healthy and prove that he isn't a first round bust.

It doesn't seem like this is his 5th year in the league, but Denver drafted Knowshon in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X