Knowshon Moreno appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
    1. Big Al was a bit critical of Knowshon yesterday. How many yards were left on the field? Knowshon had some amazing holes to run through; how many yards did he create on his own? How many tackles did he run through? How many guys did he completely juke?

2. I do think it's fair to note that almost all of the drives stalled after Knowhon took himself out of the game. Of course, I can't blame the man - that's a hell of a work-load. IMO, the was over-worked early on, it would have been nice to have knowshon be spelled more earlier so he could be fresh late. That, or more play-action pass to protect Moreno a bit more.

3. I think we got suckered by Belichick. He chose to let Moreno beat him as opposed to Manning. He did this by formation design - lots of DB's, 2 high safeties, but then playing run. He is giving up chunks of yards by doing that but not getting beat over the top - a bend-but-don't-break kind of defense.
    If the holes were so gigantic, why did drives stall when he was off the field?

Comment

• Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
      If the holes were so gigantic, why did drives stall when he was off the field?
      ask Big Al. His point was this: "if that was Jamaal Charles or LeSean McCoy, how many more yards could we have gotten?"

Comment

3. I think we got suckered by Belichick. He chose to let Moreno beat him as opposed to Manning. He did this by formation design - lots of DB's, 2 high safeties, but then playing run. He is giving up chunks of yards by doing that but not getting beat over the top - a bend-but-don't-break kind of defense.
        That was how Bill B beat the Giants in the 1990 superbowl. I remember him saying that they had to let Thurman Thomas beat them and not the passing game.

Comment

ask Big Al. His point was this: "if that was Jamaal Charles or LeSean McCoy, how many more yards could we have gotten?"
          Well yes, of course. Charles and McCoy are just better backs, but we don't have a guy of that caliber. Not many teams do.

Can't criticize Knowshon for his performance in that game. No way. But, I hope people aren't expecting remotely that kind of performance on a regular basis. We were playing against a poor run D with lots of injuries that was basically saying "let's see you beat us on the ground".

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SeedReaver View Post
              That's a beautiful picture, and should go down in Broncos lore.

A mile high salute to Knowshon Moreno for his inspiring performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                Well yes, of course. Charles and McCoy are just better backs, but we don't have a guy of that caliber. Not many teams do.

Can't criticize Knowshon for his performance in that game. No way. But, I hope people aren't expecting remotely that kind of performance on a regular basis. We were playing against a poor run D with lots of injuries that was basically saying "let's see you beat us on the ground".
                Are people really suggesting that?

On a similar note, our passing game won't be that inept all year. Also, we were up 17 in like 6 minutes and then turtled it for much of the game. To suggest that our passing game wouldnt have found success if we needed to use it more is conjecture

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                  Are people really suggesting that?
                  A lot of people are saying they're encouraged by our running game, so I'm getting the impression they think it's something we can utilize more going forward. I'm thinking reality is closer to what we've seen from the running game the few weeks prior to the NE game.

But you have a fair point on the passing game. It will be better than what we saw against NE. But, if it's windy and cold, perhaps not...

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                    He never had a fully clean hole....he ran through at least 1 tackle attempt on almost every carry. Also every single carry was up the middle and was a run out of the shotgun. That was big boy running. To criticize for yards left on the field is asinine considering how many of the yards were earned on his own by fighting off defenders.
                    Yeah. Completely idiotic criticism. He moved the pile an extra 2-3 yards on at least 5 occasions as well.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Belichick didn't have his DL get blown off the ball by Beadles/Ramierez/Vasquez on purpose.

Comment

I would have said "I don't know Big Al...if you were Jared Allen, or Von Miller, how many more sacks would the Broncos have had in '96, '97 and '98"?

Imagine that, getting criticized because you're not somebody else by a guy whose career opened himself up to lots of criticism.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2013-e...nowshon-Moreno

Comment

• Here's hoping that Moreno busts out the Army Crawl against the Chuggers this week.

Keep up the good work Knowshon!

Comment

Working...
                            X