"the Broncos are overrated..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the Broncos are overrated..."

A new guy for everybody to hate: Greg Bedard!

2. The Ravens’ lack of receiving targets was at the forefront of their blowout loss to the Broncos, but just as concerning was the play of safety Michael Huff. He was brought in from the Raiders to help ease the pain caused by Ed Reed’s exit, but Huff was brutal against the Broncos, both in coverage against Julius Thomas and taking bad angles on each of Demaryius Thomas’ long receptions. It’s a huge drop to go from Reed and Bernard Pollard to Huff and James Ihedigbo. If a defense isn’t strong up the middle, it’s going to struggle. The Ravens are trying to get first-round pick Matt Elam ready. They need to move quickly.
    3. Related to that, it was amazing to watch how deep the Ravens’ safeties played against Peyton Manning. They must have bought the hype about Manning’s arm being better. The Ravens played at a depth of about 15 yards. Last year, the Patriots were at 10 yards, daring Manning to throw deep. He couldn’t. Manning’s arm strength is better this season, but only marginally. The game plan should still be to make him throw deep to the corners of the field. He completed two of five passes in those areas, with touchdowns to Andre Caldwell and Thomas. Both were plays on which the receiver clearly beat the cornerback off the line with a long single-high safety. Manning tops out at about 30 yards.
    4. Yes, I still think the Broncos are overrated. I never read too much into Week 1, especially now (remember item No. 1?), but I have to admit that some new blood is helping Denver in some previously weak spots. Right guard Louis Vazquez was an underrated signing from the Chargers. He’s never been a road grader in the run game, but he’s an excellent pass blocker. Defensive tackle Terrance Knighton was freed from purgatory in Jacksonville and instantly upgraded an average tackle group. And second-year undrafted safety Duke Ihenacho is the Broncos’ best safety by far. They were terrible at safety last season.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/13/greg-b...d-notes-week2/
    Last edited by TonyR; 09-14-2013, 03:06 PM.

Not a Chiefs fan so I am good.

Comment

Yes...yes...let the anger flow through you...

Comment

Patriot trash who thought Angel Dust Aaron was a fine young man.

Comment

i like articles like this. i hope there is a new iteration of this every week until the Super Bowl.

Comment

**** him.

Comment

What's the most versatile word in the English language?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LfIlPV3Xs94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              Last edited by HILife; 09-14-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Read an article on Outsports saying things along similar lines. Broncos won because the Ravens had a lot of drops and Oher went out with injury. Funny stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                  Patriot trash...
                  Ah, I didn't realize that. Just looked it up and he wrote for the Boston Globe until recently. That probably explains it.

Comment

What he did not know the Broncos signed Vasquez and Knighton...IDIOT...

We'll get a lot of answers this week. If Denver is overrated they will lose a tough game like this to the Giants.

Comment

I didn't think the article was bad. If you read the whole thing it's not really a slam on the Broncos. He seems to think the whole week 1 was bad football and people still playing more like preseason. He blames the poor football on the following. this is #1 by the way, the 1 he is referencing in one of his other points:

1. The thing that stood out to me most during Week 1 was how much bad football was being played league-wide. I think we should get used to this early in seasons under the new collective bargaining agreement. With so much practice time being cut back in the preseason, including padded practices, teams just aren’t getting as much work as they used to—and it shows. The first couple weeks are now basically full-squad preseason games. The “real” season will probably start in Week 4.

I don't agree with him. To some degree he's making some excuses and he contradicts himself too. EArlier on when he discussed the Eagles fast play and how they need to slow down he talks about how that style works in college because they players have more rest and shorter practice. Yet shortly thereafter he is saying players looked bad because of less practice? The Eagles looked a lot better than I expected to them, but practice less because of the agreement? He doesn't see how some of his arguments contradict one another.

Do I think this makes him a Bronco hater? No, he sounds like someone who needs to improve his writing. And honestly, who is overrating the Broncos? It really depends. If you say we played a perfect game against the Ravens, then yes that would be overrating our performance. If we get crazy high ratings without considering issues that we still need to address then yes we would be overrated and frankly determining anyone who will win the superbowl in week 1 is overrating and getting too far ahead. In that sense he's right, however, do I think not just because of bias we are in the top teams in the league. But absolutely, but nobody knows after week 1 who the best is yet or who will walk a way with the trophy. We've seen teams suck for a while and then go on the winning streak when it matters (eff you Steelers). We've seen teams go 6-0 to start and then **** the bed (eff you Josh McDaniels). Our team however overall stands an excellent chance at owning things this year. I know as a fan I am excited to watch this season unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        Ah, I didn't realize that. Just looked it up and he wrote for the Boston Globe until recently. That probably explains it.
                        Yep, he and his Patriot ilk are usually the ones left commenting on Manning's arm strength. Heath Evans and Willie Mcginist were going on and on about lack of deep throws on the NFLN post game show. After the guy had just thrown for 462 7 TDS and O ints. The guy puts up MVP numbers and their "unbiased" analysis is concern about his lack of a deep game.

Meanwhile, their idol, Tom Brady has made a living off dink n dunk (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...throw-the-ball)

Wouldn't expect much more from Peter Kings new Boston/NY-centric endevour

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                          What he did not know the Broncos signed Vasquez and Knighton...IDIOT...

We'll get a lot of answers this week. If Denver is overrated they will lose a tough game like this to the Giants.
                          If the broncos lose a tough game, it's not a referendum on what kind of team they are.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                              If the broncos lose a tough game, it's not a referendum on what kind of team they are.
                              Where did I say that. The Broncos in some polls are the best team in the NFL. If they lose to N.Y. they might be overrated. You can follow me on that? If Denver is the best team in the NFL they should beat N.Y. If they lose to N.Y. they are probably a little overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X