Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: RIP JJ Cale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: RIP JJ Cale

    Sad day for music
    http://news.msn.com/obits/jj-cale-wr...nyrd-hits-dies

  • #2
    Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    My uncle loves him. I have two of his albums and an album he made with Eric Clapton. He was cool, rock on!

    Comment


    • #3
      Who

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by g6matty View Post
        Who
        Just a guy who doesn't have a trampstamp on his chest.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
          Just a guy who doesn't have a trampstamp on his chest.
          LMAO!!!! i'm taking that

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            Just a guy who doesn't have a trampstamp on his chest.

            Comment


            • #7
              RIP

              I believe he wrote Cocaine. The song, that is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                He was an Oklahoma boy and part of the Tulsa music scene (which, back in it's day, had some well known talent). Hard to believe he never got the recognition from the general public that rock legends gave him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                  He was an Oklahoma boy and part of the Tulsa music scene (which, back in it's day, had some well known talent). Hard to believe he never got the recognition from the general public that rock legends gave him.

                  JJ, Leon, Elvin Bishop, Carl Radle, and many more.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bombay View Post
                    RIP

                    I believe he wrote Cocaine. The song, that is.
                    ...and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Call Me the Breeze"...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                      Just a guy who doesn't have a trampstamp on his chest.
                      Id argue a trampstamp already refers to a specific place on the body. Therefor a tattoo on my chest can not be refered to as such

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                        ...and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Call Me the Breeze"...
                        Yup. After Midnight and Travelin' Light, too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by g6matty View Post
                          Id argue a trampstamp already refers to a specific place on the body. Therefor a tattoo on my chest can not be refered to as such
                          Ok, you keep telling yourself that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                            Ok, you keep telling yourself that.
                            Ilike mytattoos when i got them i didnt give a **** what your opinion of it was then . Still dont

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It is hard to write a song and JJ did a good job at it and made a career in an industry where it is increasingly harder to do so.

                              RIP

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X