UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-25-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    Those are stretch zone plays. That's as ZBS as ZBS gets.
    What are you trying to say..? That how he's lining up would not indicate that, or you were just calling it for what it is. Cause I fail to see how Manning wouldn't be able to run the stretch from that formation..

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore Manning View Post
      Yes Price, Knighton will be playing as a pure penetrator, just like he was in Jacksonville. I heard that he may gets looks at LDE.
      You love hyperbole.

Kinghton should offer more penetration at 3-tech in Base Defense than Bannan ever did. I expect Wolfe and Williams to rotate at 3-tech in Nickel. Gonna be tough to get the rookie on the field.

You were wrong about Rahim too.
      Last edited by pricejj; 07-25-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Also @Rev

Manning has used the read option throughout his career, certainly he didn't run often, I'm sure everyone remembers the run against Oakland.

But in a pistol or read option formation, it sets up the inside and outside zone runs, it sets up play action, it sets up for a roll out which he did much more of last year, it gets the ball into the perimeter of the defense faster for our play makers, it helps to push an uptempo offense.

All things perfect given what we want to accomplish and fitting of our personnel. But Manning is not going to be keeping it! That wouldn't be ideal !

Comment

There is no read option. Hobo used the wrong terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            You love hyperbole.

Kinghton should offer more penetration at 3-tech in Base Defense than Bannan ever did. I expect Wolfe and Williams to rotate at 3-tech in Nickel. Gonna be tough to get the rookie on the field.

You were wrong about Rahim too.
            You are absolutely correct about Wolfe and Williams inside on Nickel that's going to be great!

In our scheme, both DTs are interchangeable. Both two gap and control the run first and then look to penetrate in base downs. We have had this talk several times. They are a similar type player, neither is a true UT, as our scheme is not a one gapping 4-3. Stop thinking NT/UT, if that were the case, Wolfe would be inside in base downs.

I was wrong about what exactly with Moore..?

Comment

There is no read option. Hobo used the wrong terminology.
              There is a zone read option.. What are you talking about?

Comment

You are absolutely correct about Wolfe and Williams inside on Nickel that's going to be great!

In our scheme, both DTs are interchangeable. Both two gap and control the run first and then look to penetrate in base downs. We have had this talk several times. They are a similar type player, neither is a true UT, as our scheme is not a one gapping 4-3. Stop thinking NT/UT, if that were the case, Wolfe would be inside in base downs.

The only player who 2-gaps in Base Defense is Wolfe. Vickerson lines up at 1-technique in the "A" gap, and is only responsible for one gap. Knighton, Miller, and Ayers are all only responsible for 1 gap each also. However, at least one Defensive Lineman will catch a double-team (numbers), but that's not the same as "2-gapping".

Last year it seemed like Bannan and Vickerson were 2-gapping in Base, but they just can't penetrate. That's why Bannan is gone. But enough about that.

Happy Training Camp is finally here.
                Last edited by pricejj; 07-25-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

There is a zone read option.. What are you talking about?
                  Not in the Broncos Offense there's not. Hobo said they were playing the Zone Read...but I think it was really Gibbs ZBS (possibly out of the pistol formation).

I'm hoping to go Saturday to find out.

Comment

The only player who 2-gaps in Base Defense is Wolfe. Vickerson lines up at 1-technique in the "A" gap, and is only responsible for one gap. Knighton, Miller, and Ayers are all only responsible for 1 gap each also. However, at least one Defensive Lineman will catch a double-team (numbers), but that's not the same as "2-gapping".

Last year it seemed like Bannan and Vickerson were 2-gapping in Base, but they just can't penetrate. That's why Bannan is gone. But enough about that.

Happy Training Camp is finally here.
                    INCORRECT! I have told you this MANY times!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...e-in-the-draft

Knighton, Vickerson, Wolfe two gap, thus controlling 6 gaps. Ayers and Miller control one and rush, the LBs flow. I have told you this for months but you continue to argue differently! Therefore 1 and 3 tech make no difference in our scheme!
                    Last edited by Bmore Manning; 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Not in the Broncos Offense there's not. Hobo said they were playing the Zone Read...but I think it was really Gibbs ZBS (possibly out of the pistol formation).

I'm hoping to go Saturday to find out.
                      There is Peyton just doesn't keep it..

The Read Option and Pistol can be intertwined and used in a ZBS or PBS.

Comment

If that was ZBS, that was the worst version of it. The reason I say that is because out of the 8-9 run plays ran during practise the G got blown up 3-4 times. Each time his "hat" was on the wrong side. Second the G gave a step back with the play side foot. Thing is, if I hadn't seen that play 1000 times last year I'd agree with you.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d3fRunvq4hA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                          If that was ZBS, that was the worst version of it. The reason I say that is because out of the 8-9 run plays ran during practise the G got blown up 3-4 times. Each time his "hat" was on the wrong side. Second the G gave a step back with the play side foot. Thing is, if I hadn't seen that play 1000 times last year I'd agree with you.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d3fRunvq4hA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          I am speaking in generalities.. Couldn't comment on what happened today. Just saying how those formations could work..

What Guard got blown up today, let me guess Beadles..

Comment

INCORRECT! I have told you this MANY times!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...e-in-the-draft

Knighton, Vickerson, Wolfe two gap, thus controlling 6 gaps. Ayers and Miller control one and rush, the LBs flow. I have told you this for months but you continue to argue differently! Therefore 1 and 3 tech make no difference in our scheme!
                            Not true. IAOFM was wrong. I have given you mountains of evidence to prove that, ut you continue to ride that boat over the edge of the earth. Vickerson, Knighton, Del Rio, and Fox have all mentioned 1-tech and 3-tech multiple times referring to Base Defense...Never, not once has anyone on the team EVER talked about 2-gapping except Derek Wolfe. The Broncos run a 4-3 Under.

1-tech and 3-tech DO NOT 2-gap, by very definition of the position.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post

Alright. We speak the same language. So they weren't running Gibbs scheme? Was he out there barking orders? He freaking better be. I was counting on him shaping up the OL this year in the run game.

Comment

I heard that he may gets looks at LDE.
                                you guys have a lightrail in Baltimore too?

Comment

Working...
                                X