UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-25-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    Good reports and thanks Hobo. One gripe: Read-option with Peyton Manning at QB?

True. But for me there is only one difference between the two is the QB option. Other than that's its hard to tell the difference from novice look. I'm sure the guys at IAOFM could explain the difference. But I bet the could tell you the difference in less than a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
      Am I seeing this right? Questions Hobo on "burton" then calls Nate Irving Irvin?
      That is what makes it so great in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by g6matty View Post
        Wanna bet on that
        So you want me to speculate in response? No thanks.

I wouldn't bet either way, for or against, on a guy that has zero professional starts. However, that doesn't change the fact that you are assuming he doesn't have what it takes when you have absolutely no ground to argue your point. All you have is that Nate is a third round pick entering his third year getting his first real shot at a start. By my calculation that is the normal development time for a player of his draft status and history. Care to point to to this guarenteed bust factor that you are seeing that coaching staff had this far overlooked?

Comment

Thanks for the Reports HOBO!

Comment

Thanks Hobo, appreciate the write up.

Comment

You think they're have Peyton Manning hit the hole in a QB keeper? Because that's the "option" part in "read-option". So unless we're subbing in gangly-ass Brock to do it (which is effing nonsense to put the GOAT on the sideline and crush momentum), there's some massive misinterpretation going on.
              I think he means that Spread type Run that PM has used for the last 7-10 years now where they line up in the spread then PM calls the run based on the D.

I would love to see them sprinting PM to a side of the field against agressive D's or running some boots. It would show he has his legs back and his neck is near 100%.

Comment

You think they're have Peyton Manning hit the hole in a QB keeper? Because that's the "option" part in "read-option". So unless we're subbing in gangly-ass Brock to do it (which is effing nonsense to put the GOAT on the sideline and crush momentum), there's some massive misinterpretation going on.
                No, I think Manning has utilized his legs more, I noticed that last year. One to avoid pressure, two to get himself in better throwing angles and with more power, and three in the stretch run play.

He's not hitting the hole on a read option..

I also think its a look for the defenses.
                Preparation for Seattle/San Fran

Comment

Good reports and thanks Hobo. One gripe: Read-option with Peyton Manning at QB?

Psssh not his first time

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xmQi6RzOCXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

am I the only one who knows David brutons name

Comment

Is there a bigger attention whore in the history of the mane than the Hopechest?

Comment

I'm excited to see David Butrone playing well at safety.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                          I'm excited to see David Butrone playing well at safety.

Word out of camp is that he's the second coming of Foneco.

Comment

Those are stretch zone plays. That's as ZBS as ZBS gets.
                            The last 2 are.

On a spread run from the gun are the OL cutting backside and the C getting to the 2nd level? I started watching last years game vs Cincy I will have to watch closer this time.

Comment

No, but you may be the only one who doesn't know Nate Irving's name.

Comment

Ah the irony of G6 matty getting on someone for a typo. I'm glad he has brought the free entertainment back.

Comment

Working...
                                X