Local sports radio (Denver) changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local sports radio (Denver) changes

So does anyone know what is happening with local Sports Radio here in Denver? I know Mike and Joel were basically going off about how their show only had a few days left...

I know there was an article recently about things changing...

http://www.southstandsdenver.com/ind...dio&Itemid=150

But it was purely speculative.

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    So does anyone know what is happening with local Sports Radio here in Denver? I know Mike and Joel were basically going off about how their show only had a few days left...

I know there was an article recently about things changing...

http://www.southstandsdenver.com/ind...dio&Itemid=150

But it was purely speculative.
    Joel took a desk job in LA, covering College Football full time for (I think) Fox or Root.

Comment

According to sources, Front Range has a contractual obligation to offer ESPN Deportes Spanish language programming. Until recently that programming was aired at 87.7 FM but it no longer is. The station is just dead-air. The absence of ESPN Deportes has led to speculation that Front Range is having financial difficulties that could force ESPN to partner with Lincoln Financial, the company that owns the Fan, to air its popular shows like Mike and Mike in the Morning and the Herd with Colin Cowherd. That would leave seven-hour hole in 102.3’s daily schedule.
      Easy solution. Bring back Lou from Littleton for those 7 hours. Got that, Cuz?

Comment

Vic and gary were the best. Funny and they had an interactive chat room while on the air so they would answer your questions with actaully having to call in

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
          !

Comment

Vic Lombardi is going to be on mornings with Evans on 104.3 starting in July which I think is great. Klatt is a little too arrogant for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverDynamite View Post
              Vic Lombardi is going to be on mornings with Evans on 104.3 starting in July which I think is great. Klatt is a little too arrogant for my taste.
              What?!?! They're breaking up the Vic and Gary duo? Aren't Vic and Gary the names of the ambiguously gay duo?

Comment

Originally posted by DenverDynamite View Post
                That's funny because that's exactly how I feel about Mike Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                  I can sum up every single show: "The Broncos are the greatest and will win the Super Bowl. This team is special, I tells ya!"

Comment

I would like if they did a live drowning of DMac

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                      I would like if they did a live drowning of DMac
                      Honestly, if they blew up (figuratively) the entire staff I would stand up and clap.

Comment

That's funny because that's exactly how I feel about Mike Evans.
                        I always felt like Evans kowtowed to his microphone mate, while being slightly obnoxious.

Comment

Honestly, if they blew up (figuratively) the entire staff I would stand up and clap.
                          I like Hastings, but that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                            I always felt like Evans kowtowed to his microphone mate, while being slightly obnoxious.
                            I think he's compensating for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                              What?!?! They're breaking up the Vic and Gary duo? Aren't Vic and Gary the names of the ambiguously gay duo?
                              Close... It's Ace & Gary lol

Comment

Working...
                              X