• Show
Clear All

• General College Football Thread - 2013

College football talk.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...fighting-irish

Everett Golson out at Notre Dame

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...land_jabr.html

Michigan expected to land Jabrill Peppers, country's top cornerback, during Sunday telecast

Comment

That is crazy about Golston. Dude would have owned that school…

Moron.

Comment

They have nothing at QB now. Rees has never been that great. **** em.

Comment

NEW YORK -- Michigan has picked up its highest-rated commitment in at least a decade.

Cornerback Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus Catholic), the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014, announced Sunday he would attend Michigan, selecting the Wolverines over LSU, Notre Dame, Penn State and Stanford.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ferring-toledo

Alabama QB Phillip Ely transferring to Toledo

Comment

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State University president Gordon Gee announced his retirement Tuesday after he came under fire for jokingly referring to "those damn Catholics" at Notre Dame and poking fun at the academic quality of other schools.

The remarks were first reported last week by The Associated Press, and Ohio State at the time called them unacceptable and said it had placed Gee on a "remediation plan" to change his behavior.

Gee, 69, said in a teleconference Tuesday that the furor was only part of his decision to retire, which he said he had been considering for a while. He said his age and the start of a long-term planning debate at the university were also factors.

"I live in turbulent times and I've had a lot of headwinds, and so almost every occasion, I have just moved on," he said.

Gee explained away the abrupt timing of his announcement by saying he was "quirky as hell" and hated long transitions,

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ke-controversy

Pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                  They have nothing at QB now. Rees has never been that great. **** em.

Comment

In other ND news (as if this off-season could get nay better) Eddie Vanderdoes is going to be going to UCLA and will not play for ND.

Comment

Originally posted by brncs_fan View Post
                      In other ND news (as if this off-season could get nay better) Eddie Vanderdoes is going to be going to UCLA and will not play for ND.
                      Don't they have to agree to release him? I wonder why ND doesn't play hardball with him like FSU is doing with Matthew Thomas. If they don't agree he would have to wait till next Feb and would prolly just give in before that. That is what FSU is banking on.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                        Don't they have to agree to release him? I wonder why ND doesn't play hardball with him like FSU is doing with Matthew Thomas. If they don't agree he would have to wait till next Feb and would prolly just give in before that. That is what FSU is banking on.
                        They have released him to enroll at UCLA. But he can't play football until he is totally released OR his appeal goes through.

More than likely they will release him since he didn't go to U$C and it is bad PR for them if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                          COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State University president Gordon Gee announced his retirement Tuesday after he came under fire for jokingly referring to "those damn Catholics" at Notre Dame and poking fun at the academic quality of other schools.

The remarks were first reported last week by The Associated Press, and Ohio State at the time called them unacceptable and said it had placed Gee on a "remediation plan" to change his behavior.

Gee, 69, said in a teleconference Tuesday that the furor was only part of his decision to retire, which he said he had been considering for a while. He said his age and the start of a long-term planning debate at the university were also factors.

"I live in turbulent times and I've had a lot of headwinds, and so almost every occasion, I have just moved on," he said.

Gee explained away the abrupt timing of his announcement by saying he was "quirky as hell" and hated long transitions,

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ke-controversy

Pretty lame.
                          I just don't understand the media. The president of Alabama endorses segregation for their fraternities and there is no outrage from the National media. He eventually becomes the Chancellor. This boob calls TCU "The little sisters of the poor" and makes a poor joke about Catholics and the **** hits the fan.

Comment

Day 1 of our long awaited hearing before the NCAA COI is over. It appears former basket ball coach Frank Hath may have had the case against him dismissed altho its not entirely clear. There are 2 more days left and he has left.

Comment

The hearings before the COI is now over after a day and a half. It was scheduled for 3 days. Not sure what happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X