Tiger Woods - I'd say he's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods - I'd say he's back

There's always going to be those few who say, he's not back until he wins a major. That's complete BS. He's won already 4 times this year and just won the Players Championship. He's back.

Interesting, in an interview he said he's never played Merion before (where the US Open is this year). I don't think that's a huge disadvantage though, it's not a tour stop and the last time it hosted a major was in 1981. So I don't think alot of the pros have excellent knowledge of the course.

He'll win a major this year. I'd bet on it.

IMO, I think the US Open needs to start playing a wider variety of venues. This going to Pebble Beach every 8 years or so is stupid. Especially since it's an annual tour stop. I think it's silly to not play at a course like Merion for 32 years but you'll play Pebble 4 times in that span.

i wouldn't say he's back so much as he's finally gotten to a point where he can evolve his game and begin to work with the ability he has.

he'll never again be that old dominant tiger of old due to age and injuries.
    but this tiger can be even more deadly because he has a wealth of experience and knows how to avoid the injuries that plagued him previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
      i wouldn't say he's back so much as he's finally gotten to a point where he can evolve his game and begin to work with the ability he has.

but this tiger can be even more deadly because he has a wealth of experience and knows how to avoid the injuries that plagued him previously.
      Well I guess "back" is relative. He's back to #1 in the world. He's back to kicking ass. He's back to winning. In 3 years he'll be 40 so I think it's just a tad unrealistic to think he'll ever be back to what he was at 25. If people are going to say he's not back until he plays like he did at that age then that's just ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post

Yes, I agree. He's not back back. He's just back. Or "semi" back, if you will.

Comment

He's on point. Never really played the players that well and came in and whipped ass while the big names didnt even make the cut. Dude is winning multiple tourneys. He's in control while I see inconsistency in all the other players on the tour. Always at the top of the leader boards

Comment

Garcia will be here to say he is done soon enough. I think he is a lock to win US Open. He won't have to hit driver and it will be like his last Brittish open.

Comment

BS he's back. He hit a duck hook off 14 and almost gave the tourney away. Lucky for him, Garcia was the chaser. As it stands, he will not be back until he gets it done in one of the 4.

Comment

Originally posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
                BS he's back. He hit a duck hook off 14 and almost gave the tourney away. Lucky for him, Garcia was the chaser. As it stands, he will not be back until he gets it done in one of the 4.
                If all you got is one shot on a course he's never really played well consistently, well that ain't an arguement. He was up so much that he could absorb a double. How exactly is it tigers fault that the entire field sucks balls? No one stepped up and tiger did. He's won more tourneys in these last couple months than players have their entire careers. He's on a roll. It's ok if you want to hate the guy, but blind hate shows stupidity.

Comment

Ok if you say so. I look at it more of he was is cruise control and didn't lose his lead with a double bogey.

Comment

hmmmmmmmm...I wonder what changed?

oh yeah!

Last edited by bronco militia; 05-15-2013, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hahahahaha, Hahaha, Hahahahaa, Hahahahaha

OMG you're a funny man. He's not back because of 1 shot? Do you realize just how stupid you sounded there.

Comment

Yes, I would say he's "Back in the Blond Saddle" again .....

Well maybe not, I don't think that the carpet matches the drapes?
                        Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

How many players will win 4 tournaments this year? In fact how many will win 4 in their whole career?

Comment

He's definitely the most consistent golfer out there and a legit #1. The next best player (McIlroy, IMHO)won one major last year and then failed to make the cut in two others - there's a ridiculous level of inconsistency in the sport generally.

But frankly, impressive as he was it was a bit boring when he was winning everything back in the day. I think he's a more exciting player to watch right now as he is still capable of the same old brilliance but you aren't quite sure.....I'd like him to win a few more majors without being quite as dominant as he was, keep the doubt there.

Comment

He's totally back. No question about it. Majors are hard to come by.

For any given player you can name, smart money says he never wins a major again.

Comment

Working...
                              X