X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwood replaces Faith Hill on SNF

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/carr...ight-football/

Carrie Underwood replaces Faith Hill on ‘Sunday Night Football’

The country singer will be waiting all day for Sunday night.

NBC replaced one blond country music singer with another younger, blond country music singer.

Carrie Underwood will take over the intro to Sunday Night Football this season, replacing Faith Hill. NBC made the announcement Tuesday.

In a beautiful bit of coincidence, the season premiere of television’s No. 1 show features the Dallas Cowboys, quarterbacked by Underwood’s ex-boyfriend Tony Romo.

If the idea was to stick with a female pop star (and, let’s be honest, nobody wanted to see Maroon 5 do this), NBC made an easy choice. Beyonce, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are too big, Kelly Clarkson thinks she’s too big, Rihanna is too risque (and probably too big), Mariah Carey is on another network, Shakira is busy hitting buttons on The Voice, Britney Spears is Britney Spears, Alicia Keys is too serious and Pink already did this once.
    Faith Hill
    61.40%
    Carrie Underwood
    38.60%

Faith is older but she still looks so damn good. I think this is a disgrace to all the old hot ladies getting pushed out of work by younger hotter ladies.

Comment

Neither. Bring back hank. Libs are so easily offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
        Faith is older but she still looks so damn good. I think this is a disgrace to all the old hot ladies getting pushed out of work by younger hotter ladies.

Sorry, but Carrie's not hotter than Faith--just younger.

Comment

Does it have to be a woman? The article really tells the I tensions of SNF, but the legend was established with Hank, so why can't it go back to a gruff sounding dude? If people want eye candy surround the guy with half naked cheerleaders in uniforms. I don't understand what drove their selection process, or speculation of such, in such a female vocal oriented manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
            Neither. Bring back hank. Libs are so easily offended.
            people are so easily offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
              Sorry, but Carrie's not hotter than Faith--just younger.
              I agree.

Comment

You people would rather have Hank than Faith?? Or Carrie?? Be ashamed for calling yourself men.

Comment

who cares....they both can make the sandwiches

Comment

You people would rather have Hank than Faith?? Or Carrie?? Be ashamed for calling yourself men.
                    Tell me, what are the three most listened to albums you own?

How many of said albums have female leads?

Do you listen to pop country regularly?

Hank 'is' mans music. Walk into a dive sometime where you have a predominantly male crowd, and pop on some Faith Hill sometime; see what happens. Now, walk in and play some Hank, if its approval you are looking for, it's approval you shall have.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineLegion View Post
                      Tell me, what are the three most listened to albums you own?

How many of said albums have female leads?

Do you listen to pop country regularly?

Hank 'is' mans music. Walk into a dive sometime where you have a predominantly male crowd, and pop on some Faith Hill sometime; see what happens. Now, walk in and play some Hank, if its approval you are looking for, it's approval you shall have.
                      First of all I hate all country. Secondly. I enjoy the 2 minutes with Faith before the game. Even though her music sucks, it rocks enough. Hank.... ugh.. I rather have his dead daddy up there singing.
                      Last edited by Bacchus; 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Knee's are kinda pointy..... Give me some Faith.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          He was MNF, these are the SNF intro girls.
                          Woops. I guess that shows how much I really care who or what does the intros for both nights.

Id rather have intros of each team running out.

Comment

First of all I hate all country. Secondly. I enjoy the 2 minutes with Faith before the game. Even though her music sucks, it rocks enough. Hank.... ugh.. I rather have his dead daddy up there signing.
                            We all would.

But my point remains valid, there is no reason we can't have a BA gruff sounding baratone belting the SNF anthem while half naked beshibas bathe our retinas in bare breasted beauty. Give us grit and t1ts, not t1ts and ****!
                            Last edited by DivineLegion; 05-08-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Pretty much all the music I like are from men bands.

Seems its more of a visual stimulation instead of a listening one for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X