Von bulked up to 260...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von bulked up to 260...

...and plans to get bigger before the season starts.

Miller said he ditched his offseason yoga regimen for more bench presses this year, and it shows. He has a noticeably thicker torso and biceps and said he’s packing 260 pounds. That’s five more than when he had his best games last year, and 23 more than his rookie season. He said he wants to put on a couple more pounds before the season starts, too.

‘‘Yeah, that’s always been a goal for me is to be bigger, stronger, faster and at my position,’’ Miller said. ‘‘I’m already undersized as it is, as much as I hate saying that. So as much mass as I can put on but still keep what makes me the player that I am, which is speed and quickness, just so long as I keep that, the more mass that I can put on and keep those guys off me the better.’’
    http://www.chieftain.com/broncos/wit...9bb2963f4.html

As long as he doesn't lose any speed...

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        Agree. But based on his quote he seems to be well aware of this.

‘‘Yeah, that’s always been a goal for me is to be bigger, stronger, faster and at my position,’’ Miller said. ‘‘I’m already undersized as it is, as much as I hate saying that. So as much mass as I can put on but still keep what makes me the player that I am, which is speed and quickness, just so long as I keep that, the more mass that I can put on and keep those guys off me the better.’’

Comment

Von you were great just the way you were. I hope you are right about this. That would be wonderful for you to be even better.

Comment

Von getting BETTER?

Click image for larger version

Name:	4011-time-to-fap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	2350512

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
              Von getting BETTER?

[ATTACH]32285[/ATTACH]
              Yuk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Not sure why a guy playing at his level wants to dick with his approach so much. Especially with the Doom vacuum questions still unanswered.

Comment

Oh noes! He's getting fat!

Comment

Yo, Rev!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

What's IAOFM say about this?

Comment

I'm worried he's not going to be as flexible, that's 50% of his freakish pass rush ability. No yoga + more middle mass = less bend and more potential for injury.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineLegion View Post
                          I'm worried he's not going to be as flexible, that's 50% of his freakish pass rush ability. No yoga + more middle mass = less bend and more potential for injury.
                          I agree with this. One of his best moves is a speed rush and as he starts to get around the RT he dips down where the RT lose contact with him and he is able to get around him. This takes a lot of flexibility to do full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            Not sure why a guy playing at his level wants to dick with his approach so much.
                            Pretty simple, really. He feels like he can overpower and/or shed blockers better if he's bigger and stronger. And if he can do that without losing his speed and quickness all the better.

Comment

I hope he still does the yoga. That stuff amazingly translates to sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X