Remembering DWill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering DWill

When DWill got killed I was teaching in Fort Worth. DWill went to OD Wyatt HS which was close to the school I taught at, and as a result, I had 5 or 6 of his cousins and family members. Many of you might remember Brandon Williams. he ended up going to Texas Tech and got drafted by the Cowboys. Anyhow, after the service they brought me a copy of his funeral program. I didn't go, though they all asked me why, but I just felt that I just knew him as a football player and didn't want to take a seat of someone who knew him as a person.

So I have kept the program and thought I would share it now that have I the time to be more active on the Mane. Attached is the cover. I will follow-up with the rest of it.
    Attached Files

Pages 2 and 3
    Attached Files

Comment

Pg 4&5
      Attached Files

Comment

Last page
        Attached Files

Comment

Last page.
          Attached Files

Comment

No matter how much time passes... when you lose a special person like D-Will, it never gets easier.

RIP, Darrent.

Comment

Thank you for sharing, tesnyde. He was on his way to being a very good professional football player. RIP, Darrent. You will always be one of the "family"...

Comment

I love that the local media in Denver recognizes a Broncos player with a "Darrent Williams Good Guy Award" every year.

Couple this with Darrent's teen center, and it ensures his legacy won't die.

Rest in peace, Darrent. You're missed, and will not be forgotten.

Comment

Today is the 6th anniversary of the service. I forgot to mention that and it is also why I posted this today. I guess I felt compelled to say it because when I was working on this last night, it was before we knew of Jeff Lewis' passing. Someone might interpret it as poor taste on my part because it usurps honors for Jeff. Its not the case. It's strictly coincidence.

Comment

Was my favorite player. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by tesnyde View Post
                      Today is the 6th anniversary of the service. I forgot to mention that and it is also why I posted this today. I guess I felt compelled to say it because when I was working on this last night, it was before we knew of Jeff Lewis' passing. Someone might interpret it as poor taste on my part because it usurps honors for Jeff. Its not the case. It's strictly coincidence.
                      Two entirely different circumstances, not in bad taste at all. Plus it is the anniversary of DWill's death. Can't believe it's been 6 years, I still remember driving by the limo that morning, unaware of the circumstances, then hearing the news.

I gt my hair cut across the street from the club where the altercation occurred. Seems like an area where something like gang violence would occur.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that.

Comment

Your welcome....happy to share a unique item with fellow DWills fans and honor him.

Comment

I live in N Texas too. I still remember waking up and checking ESPN.com on my PC and just being numb and in disbelief. What a crappy way to go, shot in the neck because of some meaningless argument between two groups of assholes.

Comment

RIP D Will.

"All Ready"

Comment

Working...
                              X