Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best food you've ever had

For me it's Pecan Lodge in Dallas.

Bout to go on a mini vacation to a few states, figured I'd ask.

Comment

Pink Tacos, hands down from the sushi bar.

Comment

Really tough to pick just 1 favorite dish. But I would recommend these to anybody.

crablegs (Woodhouse Fish Company - San Franciso)
        sushi (Taka Sushi - San Diego)
        seabass with lobster mash potatoes (Ocean Club - Scottsdale)
        filet minion (Donovan's Steak & Chop House - Phoenix)
        chicken bryan (Carrabba's - anywhere)

Comment

Rack of Lamb at the Briarhurst Manor in Manitou Springs. I am not sure if the new owners make it like the old owner/chef Sigi Krauss who sold the restaurant back in 1999/2000.

Best dinner I have had anywhere in the world. Sigi had cooked for Presidents, Prime ministers and many other famous people around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
            Pink Tacos, hands down from the sushi bar.
            This

Glad you don't start with the pupu platter.

Comment

At the end of basic training in Texas we had a city pass. My pops took me to this steakhouse whose name escapes me but I had hands-down the greatest (32 oz) rare porterhouse a man could ever dream of. My judgment might have been clouded from being starved for a month and a half though

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                This

Glad you don't start with the pupu platter.
                Dont disregard the pupu platter so easily. If the kitchen is clean, indulge

Comment

Shashlyk.
                  My hands down all time favorite

Comment

Originally posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
                    At the end of basic training in Texas we had a city pass. My pops took me to this steakhouse whose name escapes me but I had hands-down the greatest (32 oz) rare porterhouse a man could ever dream of. My judgment might have been clouded from being starved for a month and a half though
                    are you kidding me, i ate like a madman. in 3 minutes, i could take in 2 hamburgers, fries, 3 waters and still have enough time to go get soda and some fruit and desert.

Comment

Best place i ever ate was my house. 10lbs of 4 to 5 count shrimp, 10lbs of conch all on the grill. Then we had 30lbs of extra large crawfish. All served with ice cold heinnys. Enjoyed with friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                        are you kidding me, i ate like a madman. in 3 minutes, i could take in 2 hamburgers, fries, 3 waters and still have enough time to go get soda and some fruit and desert.
                        Oh I believe you. After that two pound steak with fries though I went into a food coma. My parents were all talkin to me about wanting to go see the Alamo and **** I'm like nahh take me to your hotel and let me sleep

Comment

Originally posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
                          Oh I believe you. After that two pound steak with fries though I went into a food coma. My parents were all talkin to me about wanting to go see the Alamo and **** I'm like nahh take me to your hotel and let me sleep
                          Oh yeah, my sister took me to red lobster. After, i told them i wanted to go back to their hotel. hell no i want to walk around town in my dress blues. Always on your guard for officers to salute.

Comment

If I had one last meal it would be a proper Porterhouse (always wet aged, dry aged is for idiots), and a glass of red wine (Cab, Napa).

Second place goes to properly made Foie Gras.

Third place goes to vertical steamed Chinese razor clams - best seafood I'd ever had. I tried it once in China and I could never find that place again...

Honorable mentions: Chillean Sea Bass, Escargot (Asian or French style), a proper Rack of Lamb, Mini Lobster tails, a proper Filet Mignon, Drunken/Alcoholic Softshell crab, salt water Eel, Braised Porkbelly (1 pound square cut of bacon slow roasted for 6 hours), Spanish Paella, Italian Seafood Carpaccio, Raw Kobe Beef salad, Fried Snake, Fried Chicken, Pork Shoulder - all kinds (smoked, BBQ, braised, etc), Ribs (BBQ or Smoked).
                            Last edited by Willynowei; 08-09-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I cried at nobu in Manhattan once. Literally cried it was so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X