PGA TOUR/GOLF THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA TOUR/GOLF THREAD

We need a good golf discussion thread and we got a good start with Jimmy Furyk shooting a 58 today. He honestly had a great chance at a 56 or 57. He had 150 on his iron shots on 17 and 18. He hit a good putt for 57. Wow he has broke 60 2x on tour.

I'm sure most tour pros have broke 60 many times in their life but to do it in a tour event is something else.

yawn...

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
      yawn...
      Why do you have such a miserable life? You need some serious help or stay off the internet at the bare minimum.

Comment

I shot a 58 on the front 9 Friday morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
          I shot a 58 on the front 9 Friday morning...
          You got your money's worth then.

Comment

There have been 7 sub 60 rounds on the PGA tour and two by Jimmy. What is amazing about his 58 is it could have been even lower. 58 puts him in the record book all by himself. There have been 600,000 rounds in PGA history and he has a record all to himself.

Comment

Wait. No discussion last week when there was a major and now we're going to talk about some random tour stop where most of the big named players sat out?

Props to Furyk though, great round.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                You got your money's worth then.
                Didn't even bother playing the back. As poorly as I played we still had to wait a couple minutes between shots, the course was backed up.

Furyk's round was great but I think the biggest golf news this week was Nike getting out of the club and ball manufacturing. Adidas is also looking to sell Taylormade.

Comment

I agree with the OP...there is nothing wrong with a golf thread.

What Furyk did yesterday was nothing short of amazing. Doesn't matter who was in the field or not. Funny thing was he admitted to having issues for the last two months making birdies. Then yesterday happens.

Comment

Didn't even bother playing the back. As poorly as I played we still had to wait a couple minutes between shots, the course was backed up.

Furyk's round was great but I think the biggest golf news this week was Nike getting out of the club and ball manufacturing. Adidas is also looking to sell Taylormade.
                    I hear you. Waiting around in between shots is the worst. That is why I love summer AZ golf as you have the course to your self. Nike is making a great move. They see UA being a big player in the business without clubs. I personally don't like Nike clubs or balls but the apparel is great.

Comment

Comment

Anyone really working on their games in 2017? I'm trying to cut my handicap in half this year. I am currently at a 6 and been stuck there for a few years. I just need to get rid of the wild tee shots that cost me penalty strokes. It is going to be a challenge for me for sure.

Comment

our broncos will be golfing in January...

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            Anyone really working on their games in 2017? I'm trying to cut my handicap in half this year. I am currently at a 6 and been stuck there for a few years. I just need to get rid of the wild tee shots that cost me penalty strokes. It is going to be a challenge for me for sure.
                            Did you get fit for your driver? I found cutting down my shaft 1/2 inch has helped my driver. Added a little lead tape to get the swing weight right and I'm hitting a lot more fairways now.

Comment

Did you get fit for your driver? I found cutting down my shaft 1/2 inch has helped my driver. Added a little lead tape to get the swing weight right and I'm hitting a lot more fairways now.
                              I have not with my current driver. I probably should though.

Comment

Working...
                              X