Your 2012-2013 General NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 2012-2013 General NBA Thread

I haven't been this excited for hoops in a long, long time. I've been waiting for this season to start the minute game 7 ended in Los Angeles last year. With that said, a few stories as we kick off a full NBA season...

Defending Champs: Cue the Star Wars "Evil Empire" music. They've added Ray Allen, which will be a tremendous help to them, the big three are all young, and quite frankly, who in the East is going to stop them? Seriously. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

That brings us to these a-holes. The re-loaded Lakers. 0-7 in the preseason, but really, who cares? They're going to be good, and the inevitable showdown with the Thunder will be everything it's hyped up to be, I think.

Which brings us to the young up-and-coming team in the association, your Denver Nuggets. I'm all-in on these guys. I am over the moon. The playoff series last year was some of the most fun I've had watching the Nuggets ever. Look, do I think they're a championship team this year? No. I'm thinking more along the lines of second-round exit. But the overall premise is that I think these guys are ridiculously young and on the right track. Masai Ujiri for executive of the year.

Other things to chew on:
    -Thunder: What will happen with James Harden? There's no way they don't come to an agreement, right?
    -Spurs/Celtics: How much longer can their old guns go for?
    -Chicago: So much resting on DRose's ACL...
    -New Orleans: How good will the 'Brow be this year? Is he a lock for ROY?
    -Lastly, just to keep an old joke going: MAVEN?

El contusion will be fine. Duncan looks younger now than 4 years ago. The rest of the team? Well they're young.

Comment

Good read on LeBron.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-immortallity

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        Troll

Comment

I hope the Bulls and the Clippers do well.

Comment

Comment

Damnit OKC just traded James Harden. Oh well we had no choice. Better to get something for him.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                Damnit OKC just traded James Harden. Oh well we had no choice. Better to get something for him.

Wow . That blows. But I get what you mean about how hard it was going to be to keep him.

Comment

Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick
                  What OKC ended up getting for J.H.

Comment

they can kiss that NBA title good bye until like 2014. they don't have the weapons to take out Miami,LA or SA by giving up Harden. unless Lamb and Jones III turn into studs this season.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                      He turned down a 4 yr 52 million extension so they got what they could

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                          Go Bulls! I hope they re-sign Taj Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                            we need another star to pair with Rose.
                            Carlos Boozer's weak ass ain't going to cut it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X