Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Cheers For Wesley Woodyard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Three Cheers For Wesley Woodyard








    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-stat-leaders/


    Instead of talking about it (joemays) Dubya squared is being about it!




  • #2
    He can't cover (strangely) but he was beasting it up against the run. All the linebackers were for the most part.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      He can't cover (strangely) but he was beasting it up against the run. All the linebackers were for the most part.
      Well to be honest this is a good thing to stop the run first and foremost
      if you can't stop the run you can't do anything creative on defense
      If teams want to throw the ball against Denver I'm all for it cause we can match any team except most teams can't go 80 yards in 2 plays or put 3 80 yards drives up back to back

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        He can't cover (strangely) but he was beasting it up against the run. All the linebackers were for the most part.
        Well it's kinda like pick your poison. Do you want them to do better against the run or the pass? Cause they can't do both equally well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Woodyard couldn't cover, had problems bringing down Big Ben, lost contain on the outside a few times, but yeah apart from that he tackled well.

          Comment


          • #6
            someone said 11 tackles were on the one play, he missed the first 10.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
              Well it's kinda like pick your poison. Do you want them to do better against the run or the pass? Cause they can't do both equally well.
              It's just odd that he is small, athletic and yet plays the run better than the pass. I mean this is a guy many thought would play safety coming out of college.

              Comment


              • #8
                I am just glad hes on DEN.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  He can't cover (strangely) but he was beasting it up against the run. All the linebackers were for the most part.
                  I find it strange also since he was a safety in college before moving to LB because of an injury to one of the starting LB's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                    Woodyard couldn't cover, had problems bringing down Big Ben, lost contain on the outside a few times, but yeah apart from that he tackled well.
                    like 98% of the defenders in the NFL..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lonestar View Post
                      I find it strange also since he was a safety in college before moving to LB because of an injury to one of the starting LB's
                      this may come as a surprise, but there's probably a better reason why he's not a safety anymore

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He had perhaps the worst missed tackle of the day. Ben was flushed to his right and Woodyard and nothing but turf between him and the QB. He literally went running right by him, and Ben ended up converting a third down with about a 30 yard pass down to the Broncos 10 yard line or so. I believe that play led to a touchdown a couple fo plays later.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He looks bigger this year. That may have something to do with it.

                          On another note, does anyone remember the game against Carolina when Shanny started him at safety? Watching that idea collapse into disaster sure was fun.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't think dj is coming back, Woodyard will lead the te in tackles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                              He looks bigger this year. That may have something to do with it.

                              On another note, does anyone remember the game against Carolina when Shanny started him at safety? Watching that idea collapse into disaster sure was fun.

                              hahah, I was just reflecting on the Jets game where Shanny trotted out Woodyard and Josh Barrett at safety! Hillis unleashed! Ah, the memories!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X