Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Russell Wilson really that good?

Or is Matt Flynn that bad?

Wilson is starting over Flynn on Friday night in KC in the 3rd preseason game, per Schefter.

You guys just saw him. Is he really worth the hype he's getting?

It's pretty cool to see Russell mock the haters who said he wouldn't be worth anything because he isn't 6 feet tall.

We'll see....one good half of preseason football does not a career make..

Comment

He looked pretty damn good, and if he'd been 6'3", he would have been a first rounder. Tons of talent, smarts, good arm, reads defenses well, and is extremely mobile.

Comment

He's like a more mobil Drew Brees. He sure made the Broncos defense look silly. That being said, he made some amazing plays. He was all but sacked and he'd throw up the ball for like a 30 yard completion.

Now, can he do this all the time? I don't know. However, he sure seems like he's got scary good potential.

Comment

he was smooth as silk against the broncos 2nd team....I think the Broncos blitzed on almost every play in the 2nd half.

Comment

He's going to be a good one, I think.

Comment

People need to relax. Basing career projections on 30 minutes of football is not wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                He's like a more mobil Drew Brees.
                Case in point.

Comment

far too early to tell, if early impressions meant everything Manning would have been a so-so QB after his rookie seasons, Favre would have been a 3rd stringer and Kurt Warner would have been playing in the Arena League into perpetuity.

he looks like he'll be a definite factor in the QB discussion for the Hawks and could develop into a very nice QB.
                  but it's still only the preseason and he's still not played a full meaningful game, much less a full season.

Comment

He is just a playmaker. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed in the NFL!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      He is just a playmaker. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed in the NFL!
                      /thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                        People need to relax. Basing career projections on 30 minutes of football is not wise.
                        correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is a football fan site message board, right?

case in point.

Comment

Honestly, he did not look that good to me. He was holding the ball too long and he didn't have enough zip on his passes to get it done against an NFL defense. Had it been Russell out there against our 1st team instead of Flynn it wouldn't have changed much.

Comment

He was playing or 2nd and 3rd string, but he did look good even when we brought 5 or 6. That's not vanilla defense. Matt Flynn looked good too.
                            Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X