Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More offseason mode product help :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More offseason mode product help :)

    So the Golf thread has helped me out immensely and I'm probably going to pick up new clubs this weekend.

    I've also recently bought new skis.

    I found a great deal on the pair of skis I've always wanted: Icelantic Nomads. I demo'd them with the Marker Griffon Bindings quite a bit last year and they were bomb.

    I need a good all-mountain binding that would go well with the Nomads.

    I go all over the place, but I typically ski the blacks over at Jane side of Winter Park - known for being some of the most moguly runs in the world.
    Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM.

  • #2
    Drunken tales of epic cockblocking or GTFO.

    Comment


    • #3
      BTW, I'd need at least 105mm brakes, as the nomad is a wide ski.

      Comment


      • #4
        I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and have boarded for years. Can't help ya on the ski knowledge though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
          I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and have boarded for years. Can't help ya on the ski knowledge though.
          Dude I can't seem to find many bindings with brakes wider than 90mm...

          Maybe buying 105mm-width skis was a mistake.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yo brother, as you know I was up in Winter Park for the past season. I'm familiar with those Jane runs and I would suggest Rossignol Axials, Marker Duke (for All-Terrain) or Salomon STH's.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
              I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and have boarded for years. Can't help ya on the ski knowledge though.
              Cool story bro. jk

              I have a long lists of musts/wants. I just need to get off my ass and prioritize them already. ugh.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                Cool story bro. jk

                I have a long lists of musts/wants. I just need to get off my ass and prioritize them already. ugh.
                I think there's an app for that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Yo brother, as you know I was up in Winter Park for the past season. I'm familiar with those Jane runs and I would suggest Rossignol Axials, Marker Duke (for All-Terrain) or Salomon STH's.
                  I'm upgrading from the Rossignol Axials, lol.

                  I still have a pair of Sprayer Twin Tip (lame), but I'm going with the Icelantic.

                  Can't go wrong with Icelantic - the company was started by fellow DU grads, and the skis are hand made right here in Denver near 6th and Kalamath.
                  Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-18-2012, 08:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I went with the Marker Duke Bindings.

                    Hella pricey, but hopefully worth it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They will be dude. My buddy was crew leader on the Pano and he said those were the best you could get.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                        They will be dude. My buddy was crew leader on the Pano and he said those were the best you could get.
                        My old Nomad will be gone soon, as I'm upgrading to the RKR.

                        I got a pro deal from Dynastar, and got a Cham 97 HM with the Look Pivot 14 binders... but that leaves me without an Alpine touring ski. The Nomad RKR is 105 underfoot... and this ski has got to last me a few years. I ski at a 9 DIN... so you think the Marker Tour F12 would be a safer bet? It's lighter than the Duke and the Baron, and I probably won't ever be cranking the DIN at 5'7" 170.




                        Anyway, it's a pretty sick ski:

                        Last edited by Mogulseeker; 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          5'7"...you are a smaller man, MightySmurf. (I will never call you Swedish Extrovert. Aside from it being too wordy, I now know you are in fact small and therefore Smurf is on the nose).

                          Good luck selling your skis. If I meet any alpine-inclined hobbits, I'll be sure to send them your way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            5'7"...you are a smaller man, MightySmurf. (I will never call you Swedish Extrovert. Aside from it being too wordy, I now know you are in fact small and therefore Smurf is on the nose).

                            Good luck selling your skis. If I meet any alpine-inclined hobbits, I'll be sure to send them your way.
                            Maybe he could give Tom Cruise or Justin Bieber a call.......... but Justin might out grow them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              5'7"...you are a smaller man, MightySmurf. (I will never call you Swedish Extrovert. Aside from it being too wordy, I now know you are in fact small and therefore Smurf is on the nose).

                              Good luck selling your skis. If I meet any alpine-inclined hobbits, I'll be sure to send them your way.
                              Yeah.

                              My last visit to Colorado was fun.

                              It ended with 3 guys standing over me at the bottom of the hill saying "wah's wrong Chiefs fan? Huh? You sick? Can't breathe? W'has wrong fatty?"

                              It takes like 3 hours to even fry bacon there.

                              **** all I hate Colorado...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X