Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dennis Green upset after Chiefs D manhandles his first-team O

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dennis Green upset after Chiefs D manhandles his first-team O

    Pretty funny. Sour grapes, fat man.

    "They (the Chiefs) blitz a lot in the preseason," Green said. "They don't have the kind of defense (to blitz a lot) in the regular season; it means too much. But in the preseason every year, they blitz a lot."

  • #2
    I will have to agree with Green here.... Blitzing all nite in the Pre-season means you want to win a game more than developing your defense for when the games count.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Raiders Rock
      I will have to agree with Green here.... Blitzing all nite in the Pre-season means you want to win a game more than developing your defense for when the games count.
      The Chiefs D blitzes alot in the regular season anyway. Not only is it sour grapes, but Green is flat out wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is one of those "who care" threads.

        The Chiefs blitzed and Green was mad. *yawn*

        Comment


        • #5
          by that one comment from Green it doesnt sound like sour grapes to me. where is the full story?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Anubis_Zyklon
            by that one comment from Green it doesnt sound like sour grapes to me. where is the full story?
            It's definitely sour grapes. The Chiefs blitzed. The Cardinals folded like a cheap tent. Dennis Green was pissed about. So he decided to insult the Chiefs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bob's your Information Minister
              It's definitely sour grapes. The Chiefs blitzed. The Cardinals folded like a cheap tent. Dennis Green was pissed about. So he decided to insult the Chiefs.

              Where's the insult? you mean his comment about ' they dont have the kind of defense to do that in regular season? ' i would say that is very accurate, especially the last couple of years. sounds to me like Green got under your skin with that comment.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anubis_Zyklon
                Where's the insult? you mean his comment about ' they dont have the kind of defense to do that in regular season? ' i would say that is very accurate, especially the last couple of years. sounds to me like Green got under your skin with that comment.
                Bingo!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Isn't it an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to blitz that often in the preseason?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller
                    Isn't it an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to blitz that often in the preseason?

                    I thought that as well, it is something about not trying to injure all the opposing players. i thought they had like a limit on how many blitzes they can use.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Anubis_Zyklon
                      I thought that as well, it is something about not trying to injure all the opposing players.
                      I think it's one player they're concerned about, and that's a QB getting taken out by an unblocked LB in a meaningless game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller
                        I think it's one player they're concerned about, and that's a QB getting taken out by an unblocked LB in a meaningless game.

                        Was this stemmed from the Romo hit on Collins a few years back?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anubis_Zyklon
                          Was this stemmed from the Romo hit on Collins a few years back?
                          I think that "rule" is something that's existed for awhile, Romo probably reinforced every coaches hope that everyone uphold it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I noticed watching the Chiefs game they were running the bread and butter Goonther defense. the all out blitz!! All I could think of watching it was McCaffery 3 yard slant and taking it to the Chokes 1 yard line (TD scored later). Keeping running those blitzes. That defense is going to get picked apart again.
                            Last edited by dumpy; 08-21-2005, 08:44 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It would not hurt my feelings a bit to have the NFL make a pre season rule, if the QB is touched he is down and not award him with any yards if he runs beyond the LOS

                              This would enable your starting QB to get more work and that is what pre season is all about.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X