Comedic Names and Their Stories - Dick Ezenya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedic Names and Their Stories - Dick Ezenya

In the spirit of Rev's "Best TV Shows" thread, I think there could be some validity in this one. There are a lot of jokes out there about "Really Funny Names" such as Richard Cranium = Dick Head, etc. I wrote the following bit in the "Osweiller Tattoo Fail" thread but I think it's a solid introduction to some good comedy and conversation about names and language in general during the off-season.....here's to my favorite Unix Administrator, Poon Tang.....love you!

I was out at soccer practice with my two kids who are 8 and 9. (Yeah, that makes 'em Irish twins. What of it?) I walked in on a conversation with a few of the moms and dads, all of mixed ethnicity including, Irish-American, Mexican-American, Danish-American, Ethiopian-American, etc.

The story teller was a female-American from Canada who had dark enough skin to be Haitian-American but claimed that she got her darker skin from her southern Indian (dot not feather) heritage. Interestingly enough, we had to get all of these details out before anyone could hear this story, in her opinion because she works for the Denver Public School system. Getting on to the actual story....

The discussion was based on all of the new, unique and unusual names that have surfaced over the last generation or so. The Canadian Dot (oh wait, is that racist or just culturally specific adjectives?) continues to describe one of her favorites' which is "Abcde" = "Absedee". We all got a real kick out of that one because there is something clever about it. Then, this this doozie surfaced as her most daunting experience ever, during "roll call" on the first day of school last year.....

She reads, "Le - a" (Official School List of Legal Names). She reads it again and again then ventures to pronounce, "Is 'Leeah' Jenkins here?".

Out of crowd of first day students, in a very irritated voice (This is fourth grade so this obviously is not the first time this little girl has had to struggle through this.) She hears, "IT'S 'LADASHA' dammit!"

I was laughing so hard after I processed the symbol to phonetic relevance that I nearly threw up my granola bar from soccer snack.

Let's not forget elements such as the Bimbo bread company. Those trucks crack me up every time I see them. Have you a contribution?
    Last edited by hambone13; 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM.

My brother just texted me, "Dr. Ben Hurt".... good stuff.

Comment

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/VBcI9MPbxNfq-xjkKUtEXg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/VBcI9MPbxNfq-xjkKUtEXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

See my avatar and tag line under it. Some don't understand it.

Comment

Porky's Classic

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghsuk6GiEN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Ben Dover and Mike Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
              <object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/VBcI9MPbxNfq-xjkKUtEXg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/VBcI9MPbxNfq-xjkKUtEXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
              I've never seen that but I just don't think you get it

Comment

When I was in junior high we found one person in Montana named Mike Hunt and we prank called him but he already had restricted calls disabled. I don't think we were the first kids to try prank callin him

Comment

I was always partial to Jack Mehoff

Comment

Originally posted by hambone13 View Post
                    I've never seen that but I just don't think you get it
                    I try not to think too much about these things. You mention funny names and I think of 3 things.

1. The Simpsons
                    2. This SNL Skit and
                    3. Congressman (former) Richard Swett.

Comment

I don't know but on Horrible Bosses when Jamie Foxx character comes up to the bunch and says his name is Mother***ah Jones... I almost flipped out of my chair!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uuUR0LksFaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        I try not to think too much about these things. You mention funny names and I think of 3 things.

1. The Simpsons
                        2. This SNL Skit and
                        3. Congressman (former) Richard Swett.
                        Understood and I was being sarcastic when I said you don't get it. I certainly don't spent my nights pondering it either but it's damn funny with the right timing. The only reason the topic came up is due to my situational story on the OP. Dick sweat is definitely a keeper. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                          See my avatar and tag line under it. Some don't understand it.
                          This should give some a further clue.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by g6matty View Post
                            Ben Dover and Mike Hawk
                            Mike Hunt and Dick Hertz

Comment

I went to middle school with a guy named Larry Offenstein.

Yes... his father's name was 'Jack'.

Really.

Comment

Working...
                              X