The Chiefs suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elways Son View Post
    First of all, for the first 10 years of his career, not only was John Elway not elite, he was just average at best.

John Elway's 1st 10 seasons:

54.7% CMP / 7.0 YPA / 158 TD / 157 INT / 73.8 RATING

Even for his era, those numbers were garbage.

There are 15 QBs from 1983-1992 (John Elway’s first 10 years) that started at least 80 games. Elway ranks 14 out of 15 in passer rating, beating out only journeyman QB Jay Schroeder. And the thing is, this ten year window includes old QBs like 10th round pick Steve DeBerg from age 29 to 38, who still beat Elway.
    Okay, so you're one of those stat people who can't comprehend that football isn't something that can be broken down meaningfully into a collection of numbers. There is a great deal of the game that just has to be seen. Before you write something so embarrassing, you should try to watch Elway play, and see if you can figure out why he is considered one of the best ever.

If you can't watch the games, try asking the people that played and coached in that era how many of those 15 QBs they would rather have had on their team than Elway. You should also examine who he played offense with for those years and compare them with the other QBs of that time period and see what kind of players he was dragging to 3 Super Bowls. Rick Reilly already did this in a 1996 article:

https://www.si.com/vault/1996/12/30/...owl-contention

If you insist on numbers, see if you can figure out how, despite having stats that make him average (at best lol), he finished with more wins than any QB before him, and more SB appearances than any QB until Brady.

Trying to paint a portrait of John Elway as anything but one of the greatest to ever play the game at best makes you look like a no-life troll, and at worst makes you look like one of the stupidest football fans in the world.

Originally posted by Elways Son View Post
    He went 7-6 in playoff games during that span
    You realize the Chiefs playoff record from 1970 to the present is 5-17? Do you really think an all-time great posting an above .500 win-loss record in the playoffs is worse than that 5-17? Think about this...he won more playoff games in 10 years than the Chiefs have in 50, and did it while losing almost a third as many. And that's not even counting the 7 more he would win in 97 and 98. One Denver Quarterback's career playoff record of 14-6 is almost an inversion of your pathetic franchise over 50 years. You should probably not talk about playoffs...

Comment

Lmao how dumb does that sound? (Also no it was only 7 straight with Mannning). You had Manning, arguably a top 5 all time qb. We’ve done it with Alex Smith, a rookie, and then first year starter.
      1 more win and we tie the most your team has won against us in a row although we’ve had 11 straight against you before.

I remember when our SB was winning the offseason. New retread qb, new coach, always brought the hope of not sucking the next year or 2. Congrats on becoming everything we have been. Purgatory wide open for you guys. The post Manning Elway era is pretty damn sweet from a KC point of view!

You just made my point, when you win a Superbowl, you dont mind being in purgatory. Unless your the patriots, most teams fall down a bit after they win because of free agency. If someone told you you will have 5 years of purgatory, but we will guarantee you a SB for the Chiefs, you would take that every day and twice on Sundays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post

You just made my point, when you win a Superbowl, you dont mind being in purgatory. Unless your the patriots, most teams fall down a bit after they win because of free agency. If someone told you you will have 5 years of purgatory, but we will guarantee you a SB for the Chiefs, you would take that every day and twice on Sundays.
        Undoubtedly I would agree to that. We’ve done our time in purgatory 100 fold lmao. Only thing is, if Elway continues to draft poorly it could be longer than 5 years. He hasn’t shown the ability to pick a good quarterback (aside from Manning obviously) to run his team via draft or FA. As you know it’s the most important position to win in this league. The teams that falter after winning a SB are usually teams that got there via defense, and an average quarterback. The teams that stay in contention have the elite level qb.
        Maybe Lock is the answer but, he could very well get ushered out there behind poor O line play this season and struggle to develop. If Fangio fails and is cut in 2 years like the last clown HC you had (and pretty sure we can all agree VJ was a clown), then there’s more issues. All a guessing game now, but it seems KC has the piece you need to be contenders for the foreseeable future.

Comment

1 more win and we tie the most your team has won against us in a row although we’ve had 11 straight against you before.

!
          Was Lenny Dawson the QB

Comment

Undoubtedly I would agree to that. We’ve done our time in purgatory 100 fold lmao. Only thing is, if Elway continues to draft poorly it could be longer than 5 years. He hasn’t shown the ability to pick a good quarterback (aside from Manning obviously) to run his team via draft or FA. As you know it’s the most important position to win in this league. The teams that falter after winning a SB are usually teams that got there via defense, and an average quarterback. The teams that stay in contention have the elite level qb.
            Maybe Lock is the answer but, he could very well get ushered out there behind poor O line play this season and struggle to develop. If Fangio fails and is cut in 2 years like the last clown HC you had (and pretty sure we can all agree VJ was a clown), then there’s more issues. All a guessing game now, but it seems KC has the piece you need to be contenders for the foreseeable future.
            And yet both games last year were within one TD. One of those, you know we had in the bag if Case can hit DT in stride to the end zone.

There's just no need for you to have so much anxiety in your posts. We really don't need to be convinced that Mahomes is a special player. As a matter of fact, let's just consider that as an axiom. Your theorem is that it makes KC win a Super Bowl, and the collective group here disagrees. Let's state it another way - if Mahomes had been on the Broncos team the past two years, we would have had a better shot at a Super Bowl than the Chiefs - that's my theorem. Your team (especially your defense, and the loss of uber-talented low character athletes) is the weak link, not your QB. You guys gave up 54 points to the Rams, we gave up 23 with a dysfunctional team. Until you guys fix that, I don't believe you'll win a Super Bowl.

If broke down Flacco can just hit an open receiver this year, we'll split with the Chiefs and Chargers. That's my prediction. But hey, i'm just hopeful for a wildcard spot this year, next year should be when our last two drafts pay off.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you have here, which surprises me. You are all still wrong about that elite QB thing being the key to staying in contention. Those teams with the defenses are far more consistently competitive. Yes, they are often looking for that QB to get them over the top, but it's that defense that is always the key and the smart teams know it. Even the Patriots know it, they may have Brady, but they are always where they are because of the Belichick defense, and when they don't make it, it's because of the defense on the other side. It's why Baltimore and Pittsburgh are always considered threats. It's why we got spanked in 2013, but did the spanking in 2015. It's why Brees and Rodgers can't seem to drag their teams to the Superbowl again.

I've said it time and again. A bad ass defense and an elite QB is obviously the best, but you can't sacrifice the defense for that QB. It's the real foundation of a champion. if KC can get into the top 10 in defense, sky's the limit.

Comment

• It's pretty embarrassing that you 1) thought that garbage was legitimate enough to post and 2) thought linking to the original dumpster fire on Reddit would help prove your point.

Comment

First of all, for the first 10 years of his career, not only was John Elway not elite, he was just average at best.

John Elway's 1st 10 seasons:

54.7% CMP / 7.0 YPA / 158 TD / 157 INT / 73.8 RATING

Even for his era, those numbers were garbage.

There are 15 QBs from 1983-1992 (John Elway’s first 10 years) that started at least 80 games. Elway ranks 14 out of 15 in passer rating, beating out only journeyman QB Jay Schroeder. And the thing is, this ten year window includes old QBs like 10th round pick Steve DeBerg from age 29 to 38, who still beat Elway. [TABLE]
                  ...blah blah blah...
                  I seriously have to wonder about your football knowledge. Are you new and\or young or something? Did you not see John Elway play? Are you not aware of the below average players that were his teammates? That he basically strapped the team to his back and carried them across the finish line time after time?

I think this quote from that 1996 SI article pretty much says it all:
                  So far in Elway's career, his offensive linemen and wide
                  receivers have been voted to the Pro Bowl a combined six times.

In Dan Marino's 14 seasons, Miami Dolphins offensive linemen and
                  wide receivers have been selected to the Pro Bowl 30 times.

More than any athlete since Wilt Chamberlain on the Philadelphia and
                  San Francisco Warriors of the late 1950s and early '60s, Elway
                  has had to play at a superb level game after game, year after
                  year, to make his team a winner.

Though usually surrounded by a human rummage sale, Elway has won more games as a starter than
                  any other quarterback in NFL history (126).

Comment

DUR ELWAY SUCKS DUR REDDIT SAYS SO DUR
                    Hahaha get a load of this ass muncher.

Comment

• lol!

Comment

• It has been a bit, but this thread and the Chief fans still deliver! Thank you for the chuckles.

Comment

I would argue building great D's are more important than QB's. Ask Marino and even Kelly.

John had a chance to take a QB in the 2018 draft stayed put and took BPA because he knew Von is on the 2nd half of his career and Chubb could cement the D for another 10 years or more.

Ravens won with a great D twice, Pats won the SB with D last year in the lowest scoring SB since right after the chefs won one 50 years ago.

We won SB50 because of our D. The 49ers and Cowboys teams in the 90's had complete teams.

You might be able to win one SB 51-48 but how have you guys fared in games where you scored more than 45 points? I think you will find at least 3 losses.

Comment

• I would love to see the kFc FO get their dream of having both teams touch the ball in the playoffs and then lose another home playoff game because of it.

That would be EPIC schadenfreude

Comment

• Looks like "Elway's son" has some serious daddy issues!!!!! ;-D

Comment

• Hahaha....

Yeah right. Like some KFC fat is gonna make me forget the Duke was "the comeback kid". Or that not only is "the drive" something that is his, but also "the drive 2". & the "Elway Cross" which to my knowledge only Farve is rumored to have pulled it off a couple times, but Elway did it weekly.

I mean honestly, it's kinda sad because it means they must be that inbred and meth damaged around KC to think that someone wouldn't remember far back enough to dispute the crazy..

Because it is crazy.
                                Elway was like no one before or since.

Comment

Working...
                                X