Broncos' Official: Tebow "not the sharpest tool in the woodshed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Official: Tebow "not the sharpest tool in the woodshed"

“I’ve talked to John Elway several times about him, I told him you got all these guys working with him but trust me, they’re on the wrong path,’’ the source, a former NFL coach, told The Post. “His biggest problem is he carries the ball too high, when he carries the ball high on the back shoulder he has a long release, which means when he cocks the ball and throws it that ball is moving a lot, which is not going to help his accuracy, it’s going to hurt it. Nobody’s corrected that in him.

“And he’s got a loose wrist, when he comes back with his wrist the ball is moving all over the place. You watch that ball, the nose is forward and then it’s sideways and then it’s up and it’s down, you can’t throw the ball that way. It’s correctable.’’

The awkward throwing motion is not the only issue with Tebow, who starred in college at Florida using his formidable athletic gifts and the superior talents of those around him.

“The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed,’’ the source said. “He’s a great leader, 10 out of 10 as a leader, energy, work ethic, everything you want in a quarterback but he doesn’t see the field.

“It’s hard for him to go back and think a progression through: If this is the coverage go to this guy, if this is the coverage go to that guy. He doesn’t do that very well. That’s the difference with college football and pro football. It’s so much more sophisticated and he’s limited that way.’’

Used strictly for a handful of plays in the Wildcat offense, Tebow can excel — as long as the package of plays remains small and limited in scope.

“If you practice them all the time you can get good at ’em,’’ the source said. “Where you get the upper hand is the defense has played eight games and they haven’t seen the Wildcat yet. They’ve got to use a number of plays on their practice schedule that week to the Wildcat and they may see a lot of it and they may not see it at all. But this isn’t some offense that can’t be stopped.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz1q9vWBhNy

Does anyone else watch Tebow's news conferences and think he might be gay? He does seem to have some effeminate traits.

Anyway best of luck to Tebow and I believe he will be the starter for the Jets by season's end.

Comment

wow...given those first two posts I am predicting that this thread ends up in the Horse's Butt before sundown

Comment

I think he is plenty smart. I think maybe he is severely limited in his ability to read complex defenses and it's hurt his progress. But I think it's more of the system he excelled in while at Florida more than under the dome.

Comment

I think the concern over throwing motion is a little too pronounced.

The guy can hit lasers 50 yards down the field and can make every throw - the problem is that he can't read defenses and hesitates too much which negates the potential for any timing routes. This is something he can improve on but it will take work and 1st team reps to start getting it right.

Comment

Which former NFL coach has worked with Tebow who would be in communication with Elway?

Comment

I don't know many qb's that see the whole field during the first full year starting in the nfl. In fact our very own Peyton manning had something like 32 ints his rookie. Kids get better with better coaching and experience. Even the Tebow's of the world. Kyle Orton had a 46 comp % yet a qb GURU like McDaniels said he had the make up of a great qb when he traded for him. Despite all this he leads Denver to a division championship and playoff win over defending afc champs in first full season.

I hope Tebow ends someplace where the coaches see the obvious bright spots of his game and can work on the skills he never had developed in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobet Selur View Post
                Does anyone else watch Tebow's news conferences and think he might be gay? He does seem to have some effeminate traits.

Anyway best of luck to Tebow and I believe he will be the starter for the Jets by season's end.
                tebow rules,you crack me up. trying to bait people into a BS conversation is hilarious. shouldn't you be on a jets forum right now.

Comment

Weak bait.

Comment

Who cares he's the Jets problem now

Comment

Tebow is a great athlete. However, I think that the more teams get film on the guy the more he will be exposed as sort of a one-trick-pony. We saw this near the end of last season as we went 1-4 down the stretch. I could be wrong, but I'll guess that Tim will struggle next season if he indeed is the starter in New York this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobet Selur View Post

Tebow has effeminate traits in his talking and mannerisms, but his behavior on the field resembles very masculine behavior.

I don't think he's gay.

Comment

Originally posted by KO5K View Post
                          Which former NFL coach has worked with Tebow who would be in communication with Elway?
                          Gruden

Concrete cyanide

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                            Who cares he's the Jets problem now
                            Yes, the problem is he wants to play quarterback.

Eventually, Tebow will be the best fullback in the NFL.

Comment

I think you are gay with Tim Tebow or are indeed -- Tim Tebow.

Comment

Working...
                              X