Ski thread!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski thread!?

Didn't see one. Don't know if there are any ski buffs out there, but let this be the place where Bronco fans talk about it. Skiing... deals... lodging... lift tickets.

So far this year I've hit up Winter Park like 7 times, Copper Mountain prolly 5 times. Down to Taos, New Mexico with the Alpine Club and I intend on hitting Steamboat this month and I plan on spending Spring Break in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

I wan't to plan a trip to Canyons in Utah this year. It's so nice being back in Colorado after living with the ****ty skiing in Maine/Vermont/Mass while in the Navy - but I guess I can't complain since I was in Florida before that.

The season has been one of the worst in the last 10, but Winter Park has been getting some fresh pow the last ten days. Slow start, but it's getting there. Copper just opened the Resolution Bowl.

Any word on the Parsenn Bowl in WP? I'll be in Winter Park this weekend if anyone wanted to meet up.

I had a fancy childhood skiing Vail and Beaver Creek until the lift tickets got ridiculous. Those + Killington, VT (no comparison) are the only mountains I've ever skiied.

Would love to do Copper some time. Want to check out Jennifer Jackson's hole and Sarah Mcglachlan's Whistler at some point.

Comment

This thread makes me very very sad. I haven't been skiing in 5 years. I used to go a couple of time a month.

Comment

Smurf, I frequent that mountain a bit since it's the local resort. If I didn't work 10 hour shifts all weekend, I'd definitely go with you out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Smurf, I frequent that mountain a bit since it's the local resort. If I didn't work 10 hour shifts all weekend, I'd definitely go with you out there.
          Do you live on the Empire or Frasier side of Berthoud?

Comment

Finally some snow in the Mountains. My legs are killing me this morning, there isn't much you can do to simulate 18 inches of powder!!!!

Keep it coming.

Smurf, skip Steamboat and go to Telluride or C-Butte. Yeah, Steamboat gets a ton of snow, but the terrain is weak. Taos is a blast hope to make it down there this year. I'd be interested in hearing about the Canyons, but anytime I make it out to Utah I can't be pried away from Alta.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightysmurf View Post
              Do you live on the Empire or Frasier side of Berthoud?
              Fraser side, I'm up in the highlands near Tabernash/Granby.

And yeah, check out Telluride or Crested Butte before you go up to Steamboat. Wasn't that awesome when I went a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                Fraser side, I'm up in the highlands near Tabernash/Granby.

And yeah, check out Telluride or Crested Butte before you go up to Steamboat. Wasn't that awesome when I went a few days ago.
                You know where Soda Springs is? Right between Granby and Lake Granby. I got a vacation home there.

Comment

Not much snow this year and finally this last week we got hit in the mountains. Went up yesterday and it was heaven although there could be some more. It was crowded as everyone had been waiting for this.

Comment

What exactly is the appeal of skiing? The speed?

Comment

The Butte went off over the weekend. Finally! The backcountry is super sketch right now and full of idiots trying to off themselves. Oh well.

Comment

Yeah, the backcountry is super sketch right now even for the most expert of expert backcountry skiers. Please stay out for the S&R folks safety. If you go, you are endangering more than just you life.

If you don't understand the appeal of skiing it is hard to explain. Speed is only a portion of it and if that is all you are after there are a lot of other ways to get that rush. Although having been clocked around 80 mph it is quite a rush on skis (can't imagine the speed skiers who are around 150mph). Powder skiing is the ultimate as with deep untouched powder it feels like you are flying down the mountain on a pillow of clouds. Nothing like it.

Comment

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ndoor%20Skiing

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                            What exactly is the appeal of skiing? The speed?
                            That's a good question. I think it's a combination of speed, movement... the act of skiing feels awesome. Gotta try it and get to a decent level before you can appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                              Yeah, the backcountry is super sketch right now even for the most expert of expert backcountry skiers. Please stay out for the S&R folks safety. If you go, you are endangering more than just you life.

If you don't understand the appeal of skiing it is hard to explain. Speed is only a portion of it and if that is all you are after there are a lot of other ways to get that rush. Although having been clocked around 80 mph it is quite a rush on skis (can't imagine the speed skiers who are around 150mph). Powder skiing is the ultimate as with deep untouched powder it feels like you are flying down the mountain on a pillow of clouds. Nothing like it.

I agree, Powder skiiing really does feel like your flying, even on a snowboard its awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X