No announcement yet.

The OL Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this OL hasn't pulled it together by now, they never will. It's way past time to make a change. All they have to do is take out Walton, put Kuper at Center, Franklin at RG, and Harris at RT. They are playing with fire, the longer they leave this horrible line intact.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
      If this OL hasn't pulled it together by now, they never will. It's way past time to make a change. All they have to do is take out Walton, put Kuper at Center, Franklin at RG, and Harris at RT. They are playing with fire, the longer they leave this horrible line intact.
      who is going to replace harris when he goes down

Kuper hell he is not close to being 100%.. maybe after the bye week he will be but right now that would be a huge mistake..

in your scenario you have 4 players with someone new next to them..

a FUBAR of massive proportions..

think before you post..

Comment

McD was in a position to draft both Maurkice Pouncey and Bryan Bulaga in the 2010 draft. Instead he took an EXTREME reach on Tim Tebow (who would have been on the board when Zane Beadles was selected), and drafted an unproven (and injured) WR in Demaryius Thomas (after trading away Brandon Marshall days before the draft).

Pouncey and Bulaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Walton and Beadles
        wow captain obvious..

but it did not happen and you do not have a clue on IF Tebow would have been there..

then we would have had our second 4-12 season with Orton behind the OL..

real smart move..

Comment

• Originally posted by lonestar View Post

Kuper hell he is not close to being 100%.. maybe after the bye week he will be but right now that would be a huge mistake..

think before you post..
          You don't seem to realize the level of suck that Beadles and Walton represent. jj's solution is far from ideal, but leaving these duds on the field is just beyond stupid at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
            That's what the Packers thought in SB 32.
            HOF LT and the rest of the OL were studs. Not like the latter Shanny years where he plugged in super small OL.

Comment

think before you post..
              Big J.D. Walton fan are ya? The sooner he is out of the lineup the better. Until that happens, the OL will be crap. Franklin should be a guard and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                You don't seem to realize the level of suck that Beadles and Walton represent. jj's solution is far from ideal, but leaving these duds on the field is just beyond stupid at this point.
                Jjs solution does. NoThing for beadles. It just screws up any continuity that they have. Changing one guy out is maybe. Having 4 folks affected is downright stupid regardless of how bad YOU think the OL is playing.

Is it any worse then INDYs probably not and yet Manning made them look great.

I played ORG for years and every time I had to break ina newbie Things got hit and screwed up.

If you change out. An OT one guy is affected the OG next to him. If yin change out an OG the. Two are affected doing what he said leaves continuity between OLG ans OLT.

It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  HOF LT and the rest of the OL were studs. Not like the latter Shanny years where he plugged in super small OL.
                  If anything, Shanny went bigger, not smaller in his later years. See Exhibit A - George Foster.

Comment

yes and now it is working .. SEE PIT and NYG they eat our ZBS alive..

back then we had a mastermind QB a world-class RB and some WR and a HOF TE and OLT that made a difference..

then the ZBS was new and now it is old and lots of defenses have shut it down..

what do we have now a HOF QB and after that not much.. does any of the rest of the talent come close to matching what we had in the super blow years..
                    You found the answer and didn't even realize it.

The zone blocking scheme wasn't the problem. It was fine. The talent simply hasn't been there. Aside from a healthy Clady and perhaps Kuper, we don't have anyone that would even pretend to be good enough to start for those SB teams.

Comment

Big J.D. Walton fan are ya? The sooner he is out of the lineup the better. Until that happens, the OL will be crap. Franklin should be a guard and you know it.
                      Not until they have a bon afid replacement at ORT.

Walton fan not particularly just know what happens when you make changes on an OL can do from experience. I just played 8 years at ORG and know from having to break in a newbie on either side. And that was not at the NFL level where the slightest hesitation gets folks hurt. In HS or college they rarely have great DT/DE at every spot or on every team. Not so in the NFL. In some cases very one is better than the best you played against in college.

But then we at both arm chair HCs right. How about we see what they can do with some real coaching something they have yet to have.

Instead if pissing and moaning about something that is out of my control I'm going to let the professionals handle it.

Comment

You found the answer and didn't even realize it.

The zone blocking scheme wasn't the problem. It was fine. The talent simply hasn't been there. Aside from a healthy Clady and perhaps Kuper, we don't have anyone that would even pretend to be good enough to start for those SB teams.
                        4 of the 5 (Zimmerman, Schlereth, Habib, Jones) were FA's. The only reason Zimmerman and Jones came here was because of Elway, and their quest for a Superbowl. Maybe Manning can get an OL FA or two next year.

I was hoping the Broncos would draft Konz this year. It appears Bowlen hates drafting elite interior OL even more than DT's.

Comment

If anything, Shanny went bigger, not smaller in his later years. See Exhibit A - George Foster.
                          Yep another classic DAFTEE fubar for tanahan. A big HY that was a reach and then he forced it till he could not stand the heat and trades his ass to a lousy team that he could not start at either.

Bigger is not always better. No one is saying that but bigger with talent matters.

And you or I do not know whether These two guys have talent or not since we have not had a decent OL coach since Gibbs left. Maybe dennison but he never played the position in his life so even after learning from the master Gibbs he was experience defunct.

Comment

Not until they have a bon afid replacement at ORT.

Walton fan not particularly just know what happens when you make changes on an OL can do from experience. I just played 8 years at ORG and know from having to break in a newbie on either side. And that was not at the NFL level where the slightest hesitation gets folks hurt. In HS or college they rarely have great DT/DE at every spot or on every team. Not so in the NFL. In some cases very one is better than the best you played against in college.

But then we at both arm chair HCs right. How about we see what they can do with some real coaching something they have yet to have.

Instead if pissing and moaning about something that is out of my control I'm going to let the professionals handle it.
                            Eh, Magazu has been with the young guys long enough that they should be good by now. Walton and Beadles both have 2 years under their belt. It would take Kuper a little while to get up to speed at Center, but he could do it, and would be much better than Walton. Franklin would pummel fools at RG. Harris has a bunch of experience at RT.

I seriously doubt the interior OL will be able to open up holes in the run game with a single-back set. They couldn't even do it with a FB back there.

Comment

4 of the 5 (Zimmerman, Schlereth, Habib, Jones) were FA's. The only reason Zimmerman and Jones came here was because of Elway, and their quest for a Superbowl. Maybe Manning can get an OL FA or two next year.

I was hoping the Broncos would draft Konz this year. It appears Bowlen hates drafting elite interior OL even more than DT's.
                              Classic !BOWLEN male bovine excrement hate.

Think about it for just a minute. Was he even in the war room when we drafted. We all know who made the calls and his name as not Pat.

If anyone knows what a quality OL means it is John.
                              So let's pretend you did not post something that stupid.

Comment

Eh, Magazu has been with the young guys long enough that they should be good by now. Walton and Beadles both have 2 years under their belt. It would take Kuper a little while to get up to speed at Center, but he could do it, and would be much better than Walton. Franklin would pummel fools at RG. Harris has a bunch of experience at RT.

I seriously doubt the interior OL will be able to open up holes in the run game with a single-back set. They couldn't even do it with a FB back there.
                                Yep we finally have an OL coach. But it takes time and we have a month to teach them up and if they are in their original spots they learn quicker.

Not only are you talking about him coaching them but then your adding a new wraps into it with taking an OT that has played zero OG as a pro and hoping he will be able to open holes for RB.

The real problem is pass protect. Something that takes a hell of a lot more continuity than run blocking.

Obj iosly you are not going to change my mind and your not going to get what I'm saying and typing on a smart phone is screwing up my filet a chicken lunch.

So think about at I said and I won't think about your screwy idea and we can agree to disagree. Since the coaches are going to do what they think anyway and I know your idea will. NOT happen I can rest easy tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X