Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OL Sucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    I bet this line would protect Brady just fine. Sometimes a 3 step drop means a 3 step drop. Not 3 steps and then two more. Just becaause the QB can scramble does not mean he has to do that every play. Watch who we draft come April and that will answer your own question. Maybe an upgrade for Beadles and let him float but the OLine is far from our issues. Our main issue is the age of Dawkins and Maghee and nobody to replace them right now

    Also Champ just said it himself. These safeties are not playing like professionals. They are horrible far from NFL quality.
    They would protect Brady fine sometimes, but have you missed how many times Walton or Beadles have let a DT come into the backfield with ease? Have you missed how many times Franklin has completely whiffed against speed rushers and let them come in free? It's not a rare occurrence. Not even close.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by lod01 View Post


      Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reviser.
      Tim didn't have 5 seconds today against a "fierce" patriots defense

      Comment


      • #78
        Two seconds is a massive exaggeration. Tebow had time MOST of the day. We ran what? 8 freaking yards a carry?

        QB pressure was one of the problems today, but it doesn't even break the top 5 reasons for why Denver lost.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Vine View Post
          Don't get the O'Line too much credit for the #1 ranked rushing offense. How much of the #1 ranked rushing offense is due to Tebow scrambline around and taking off for huge chunks of yardage during games?
          A lot. I'm pretty sure they were in the bottom half of the league in rushing before Tebow became the starter, and when you factor in those big games we had off the option early on (again due heavily to Tebow), it's clear our run blocking is nowhere near the top of the league. It's not bad, but it's also far from elite.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
            Two seconds is a massive exaggeration. Tebow had time MOST of the day. We ran what? 8 freaking yards a carry?

            QB pressure was one of the problems today, but it doesn't even break the top 5 reasons for why Denver lost.
            turnovers and pass coverage were the obvious choices today. I decided to point out a unit that has been dodging bullets since Tebow took over.

            Comment


            • #81
              I'm sending my mong to destroy Bronco Militia's tent.

              Mong! Seek! Destroy!

              Comment


              • #82
                My mong runs a 2.3 40. He has a 78' verticle!

                And 4" fangs!

                Comment


                • #83
                  They don't suck at all, but they certainly struggle in pass pro when the game scenario dictates passes are coming. Like the rest of the offense, though, they're extremely young and it's not all that surprising.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    They are young.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I think the offensive scheme has hidden some of the flaws of this o-line. I don't think they suck, but improvement is needed. I'm beginning to think that Clady will never be the LT we thought after his rookie year. I'd be tempted to move him to RT, move Franklin to LG, and get a new LT. Or at the least, move Franklin to LG and get a new RT.

                      But, the improvement of the o-line isn't enough of an issue to use a #1 pick IMO. They are young so they will improve, but John Fox football can help those flaws thru the power run game. Unfortunately, we have other holes that are bigger holes to fill IMO.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Rascal View Post
                        I think the offensive scheme has hidden some of the flaws of this o-line. I don't think they suck, but improvement is needed. I'm beginning to think that Clady will never be the LT we thought after his rookie year. I'd be tempted to move him to RT, move Franklin to LG, and get a new LT. Or at the least, move Franklin to LG and get a new RT.

                        But, the improvement of the o-line isn't enough of an issue to use a #1 pick IMO. They are young so they will improve, but John Fox football can help those flaws thru the power run game. Unfortunately, we have other holes that are bigger holes to fill IMO.
                        At this point there isnt a dominant player on the line. There is no cornerstone. Kuper is a borderline pro bowler, Clady is just a tad below that level right now, and the young Walton/Beadles/Franklin crew are all mistake prone and inconsistent.

                        It would help if there was a true anchor player in the group. That would be a good thing to address through free agency instead of the draft.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
                          At this point there isnt a dominant player on the line. There is no cornerstone. Kuper is a borderline pro bowler, Clady is just a tad below that level right now, and the young Walton/Beadles/Franklin crew are all mistake prone and inconsistent.

                          It would help if there was a true anchor player in the group. That would be a good thing to address through free agency instead of the draft.
                          Walton/Beadles/Franklin are all young so the mistakes/inconsistency should improve. I just think the ceiling of Beadles is marginal and the ceiling of Franklin at RT is marginal. I think Franklin can be a great guard.

                          But again, the o-line isn't a major weakness of this team.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Popps View Post
                            Of all the problems today... the O-line wasn't even on the radar.

                            No **** really. Are you frakin blind. Multiple patriots in the backfield play after play. Somehow you tards will try to blame TT for running for his life. When they knew how to block in the first quarter he was throwing just fine.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
                              Two seconds is a massive exaggeration. Tebow had time MOST of the day. We ran what? 8 freaking yards a carry?

                              QB pressure was one of the problems today, but it doesn't even break the top 5 reasons for why Denver lost.
                              damn what game you watch. As soon as we were down two scores there was NO TIME TO PASS...................

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I'm still thinking Clady is playing through injuries this year or is still recovering from his past knee injury.

                                Beadles is pathetic. Walton is ok -- has made enough strides where I think he will be an average center. Franklin still gets beat, but not as noticeable as earlier this year.

                                The O pass protection is mediocre, but Tebow held onto the ball too long in a lot of instances. His pocket awareness is really hot and cold. He's flat out amazing scrambling, but poor at sliding in the pocket just enough to make people miss.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X