The OL Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mightysmurf View Post
    It seems Beadles has regressed, but I don't think a team leads the league in rushing if the line flat out sucks.
    Okay, enough with talk of the run blocking. The run blocking has mostly been solid this year. That has no bearing on the fact that our pass protection is miserable. It's like saying that a FS has been good in run support, so let's ignore how he blows half his coverage assignments.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay View Post
      If only we had a mong!

We'd be unstoppable!
      Mong is a bad thing. I guess in the way you are using it would be a dog? Not sure the NFL will allow us to use it

Comment

Originally posted by MortonToMoses View Post
        Last I checked, the OL didn't turn it over 3 times. This offense is not designed to win a shootout game. OL needs to get better, but they do not suck.
        Last time I checked, the offense didn't turn it over three times. Tebow fumbled and Ball fumbled. The other was by whatever scrub we had returning the kick at the end of the first half.

Comment

The OL doesn't suck and they have done some remarkeable things this year for a young group.

That being said, Clady is clearly underperforming for the talent he has, Beadles and Walton are weak and mistake prone. It's not that these guys suck, just that they make far too many mistakes that end up killing drives at different times.

I hope with one full offseason of conditioning and work these guys will get better because the reality is that if you give Tebow time in the pocket then this can be a very good passing team given the emergence of Decker/Thomas and guys like Ball/Willis working the shorter routes.

Look at Brady and how often the Patriots passed the ball. We've got two very good pass rushers in Miller/Doom but look how much better the Pats OL was in pass protection.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
            So we have a rookie RT, two second year players, we lead the league in rushing, and you say we suck? Great fan. Great analysis.

5 star analysis. You rock.

We come from the worst team in the division to a playoff team and you are complaining. Great job. Please start more threads.
            Rep

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
              It was an issue coming into this season and Tebow and the running game have hidden this subpar group for a few weeks.

the broncos could flip a coin on day one of the draft at OL or DB
              I'm sorry but with all due respect your an IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Comment

We did have a mong, a monkey was riding it.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue View Post
                  I'm sorry but with all due respect your an IDIOT!!!!!!!!
                  thanks for posting this year

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                    It was an issue coming into this season and Tebow and the running game have hidden this subpar group for a few weeks.

the broncos could flip a coin on day one of the draft at OL or DB

Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reveicer.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post

Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reveicer.
                      Do you people actually watch the Broncos play? How does anyone think that our o-line consistently maintains a pocket more than 2 seconds, much less 5? ****ing bizarre...

When Tebow holds the ball for 5 seconds it's usually his legs that keep him from getting sacked, not his line.

Comment

The O'Line might be the most improved unit since the beginning of the season. They have dominated opposing teams on the ground, even when opposing teams have expected run. They have given Tebow lots of time to throw the ball on so many occasions. Sometimes the O'Line will have really bad plays that will make you question them, but overall, I don't think this is a problem area for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post

To be fair though, how many times were receivers open? WE have a VERY sub-par receiving corps. I'm not laying all the blame on them, but it was the definition of a team loss. Considering we were playing one of the "elite" teams in the NFL, I am not very worried. We'll learn from this, and get better. Like we always do.

Mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            Do you people actually watch the Broncos play? How does anyone think that our o-line consistently maintains a pocket more than 2 seconds, much less 5? ****ing bizarre...

When Tebow holds the ball for 5 seconds it's usually his legs that keep him from getting sacked, not his line.
                            I bet this line would protect Brady just fine. Sometimes a 3 step drop means a 3 step drop. Not 3 steps and then two more. Just becaause the QB can scramble does not mean he has to do that every play. Watch who we draft come April and that will answer your own question. Maybe an upgrade for Beadles and let him float but the OLine is far from our issues. Our main issue is the age of Dawkins and Maghee and nobody to replace them right now

Also Champ just said it himself. These safeties are not playing like professionals. They are horrible far from NFL quality.

Comment

Don't get the O'Line too much credit for the #1 ranked rushing offense. How much of the #1 ranked rushing offense is due to Tebow scrambline around and taking off for huge chunks of yardage during games?

Comment

the good

#1 rushing team

the bad
                                #14 sacked
                                #22 yards
                                #21 points per game

the ugly

#25 time of possession
                                #28 3rd dwon conversion
                                #31 passing yards

Comment