No announcement yet.

The OL Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The givens are Clady at LT, though I know he's not the same as before, you can't get rid of him with no replacement currently on board. Vasquez back to RG and maybe Montgomery back at center. Franklin is a free agent at LG and has not shown to be worth a lot of money. RT is up for grabs too. Can Schofield play at all, either RT or LG? Depth is also needed, maybe Paradis can play? Clark needs to go away and Ramirez is only an average player.

Comment

• I question the work ethic.

What happened to the line that showed up for the Miami game?

Maybe the coaching staff needs to show these guys negative press every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rascal View Post
        Need to do what the cowboys did...that makes me want to puke.
        That takes several years and first round picks. Denver has picked in great spots to get G's the past few years. As good as this staff has at getting LB's and DL to play at a high level, they are awful at OL development.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Huge issue Monday in Cincy: Broncos 2 OTs, Ryan Clady and Louis Vasquez, had their worst pass block grades of season. Both playing hurt</p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/547460299263991808">December 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Clady is NOT a given....he will have a 10.6 million cap hit next year and is NOT worth that.

Time for a redo or cut. Come to Elway moment. If we cut him before 3rd day of the league year we save 8.8 million on the cap. 1.8 hit on dead money.

We can probably find a pretty good FA or two for that 8.8 million. Either Clady takes a pay cut or he should be gone. FAXGATE 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
              Clady is NOT a given....he will have a 10.6 million cap hit next year and is NOT worth that.

Time for a redo or cut. Come to Elway moment. If we cut him before 3rd day of the league year we save 8.8 million on the cap. 1.8 hit on dead money.

We can probably find a pretty good FA or two for that 8.8 million. Either Clady takes a pay cut or he should be gone. FAXGATE 2.
              Sad thing is Clark played better than Clady for 7-8 less million last year.

Yes, he had some awful games last year (SB, NE in NE, Mathis, few others) but from a cap-standpoint, it makes sense to consider cutting him.

Comment

• Denver screwed up moving Franklin. He was pretty damn good last year other than the SB. This year's OL is very similar to the Colt OL's Manning had. It is pure Dog Dung right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  Denver screwed up moving Franklin. He was pretty damn good last year other than the SB. This year's OL is very similar to the Colt OL's Manning had. It is pure Dog Dung right now.
                  What would you do then?

Clady-Manny-Monty-Vaz-Franklin?

I probably would too.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                    What would you do then?

Clady-Manny-Monty-Vaz-Franklin?

I probably would too.
                    That or ManRam to the bench and Clark back at RT. He was pretty bad early this year but Vasquez/Clady played just as bad last night. I liked Franklin at RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                      That or ManRam to the bench and Clark back at RT. He was pretty bad early this year but Vasquez/Clady played just as bad last night. I liked Franklin at RT.
                      I did too, i never liked moving him inside.

He had an awful game vs Seattle, but minus that was fantastic at RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                        Been saying since last year the OL isnt good.

Manning makes them better than they were.

Go with something like Clady on a re-did deal, FA, draft pick, Vaz, Schofield (didnt pick him in the 3rd to sit)
                        What's the average salary for FA offensive guards? The team has to find a new LG since it doesn't look like Franklin will return unless his signs a team friendly deal.

Pipe dream would be to get Iupati as a FA, but that won't happen because too much cap space would be allocated to that position.

Any great OG's in the upcoming draft?

Comment

Working...
                        X