The OL Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lonestar View Post
    Classic !BOWLEN male bovine excrement hate.

Think about it for just a minute. Was he even in the war room when we drafted. We all know who made the calls and his name as not Pat.

If anyone knows what a quality OL means it is John.
    So let's pretend you did not post something that stupid.
    I think the coaching staff doesn't want to shake up the line at all. They think the interior OL is all fine and dandy because the Broncos led the NFL in rushing last year, nevermind that we led the league in attempts and Tebow run the zone option off-tackle for over 600 yards.

Maybe the coaching staff is right, and the interior OL will pull it together. Considering that they spent all week focusing on interior OL play, they know it's a problem. I guess we'll find out a little bit tonight.

Comment

• Without Tebow carrying the rock, this Offense hasn't been able to pick up 3rd and short, for 3 years now. Both Elway and Manning know, that to win the Superbowl, you have to be able to depend on getting rushing 1st downs in crucial situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        HOF LT and the rest of the OL were studs. Not like the latter Shanny years where he plugged in super small OL.
        Just noticed this.

Mikey got cheap beause he was blowing his budget/cap on big name "quick fix" FAs and started DAFTING 4th or later small guys because he could not afford the quality guys in the 1-2 rounds. They worked ok in the she until we got inside the 20 but rarely could we Open up holes inside the five (thus Elam a league leader in FGs) or on third and short.

But what the hell we we're winning lots of early games and he has a winning record and the #2 offense (between the 20s) the year he was fired.

Some folks do not get that was a huge reason why he got fired his failure in playoffs when the big boys come to play. And we were getting out aases kicked because we faded every year. Because our guys started out at 285 and were most likely ending up at 270 pr so after 16 games.

We were getting our asses kicked in the 60s with 270 pound OL. Why did the moron think we could win like that in the new century.

Comment

• Shanny thought that he could develop every late rounder into guys like Nalen and Schlereth. That's the main reason we had so many red-zone problems. Both those guys were inhumanly strong with elite technique.

Beadles and Walton...not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Shanny thought that he could develop every late rounder into guys like Nalen and Schlereth. That's the main reason we had so many red-zone problems. Both those guys were inhumanly strong with elite technique.

Beadles and Walton...not so much.
            Shanny also spent first rounders on Foster and Clady. The problem is more teams started coping our zone blocking system which made our late round OLD picks harder to come by.

Comment

• I really really wish we had...

Clady - Franklin - Saturday - Kuper - Harris

Still no idea why this team is obsessed with Franklin being our RT.

Comment

Obj iosly you are not going to change my mind and your not going to get what I'm saying and typing on a smart phone is screwing up my filet a chicken lunch.
                Priorities man! The only reason to screw up a Chic-Fil-A lunch is if nukes are coming down, and even then, I would probably finish my chicken sandwich.

I get what you're saying, I just have a much lower opinion of the current interior OL than you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                  Shanny also spent first rounders on Foster and Clady. The problem is more teams started coping our zone blocking system which made our late round OLD picks harder to come by.
                  DING DING DING finally someone has understood what I have been saying for about 6 years..

PLUS the DC are now paying more attention to more teams.

At the onset it was ONE team in the AFCW playing ZBS for most of the teams it was once every 7 years they saw us.. BFD they flat did not worry about one pissants team they never saw to develop a defense against us..

for those that did see us more often, they knew that we could not move the rock inside the 20 so gave up a FG and then went and scored a TD they laughed all day at our high-powered O.. Knowing that our D could not stop them from scoring.. and we could not get 7 if we had to..

But all of Y'all kept thinking that Tanahan was the greatest thing since sliced bread because we won games early and had a great O..

then could not figure out why we faded down the stretch and alway got our ass kicked in the play offs..

BUT BUT BUt our offense was number 2 everyone was joyous. After all mikey kept telling everyone we were close one or two players would do the trick.. wait till next year and surely mikey will draft someone on D..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

most of you Madden Morons never have figured it out. have you..
                  never happened did it..

he left us with a shell of a team of its former glory and Defensive players that said they felt like second class citizens..

But mikey was the ****s wasn't he..

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                    If anything, Shanny went bigger, not smaller in his later years. See Exhibit A - George Foster.
                    One guy doesn't count as others said he tried the skilled but undersized late round picks or converted TE. We struggled running short yardage because of lack of size and physical presence not because of scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      Priorities man! The only reason to screw up a Chic-Fil-A lunch is if nukes are coming down, and even then, I would probably finish my chicken sandwich.

I get what you're saying, I just have a much lower opinion of the current interior OL than you do.
                      At this point I have no Opine on the group, as I have yet to see them play in the new O..

Da Bears will present a challenge which I will see at 10PM this evening on NFLN..

My opinion is you do not screw up continuity UNLESS someone is heads and above better than who is playing there..

By heads above I'm talking IMO they would have to past PRO BOWL players or top ten draftees.

I would never move a true OT to a guard spot unless of an injury.. Considering we have a HOF QB that has made every player around him look better than they were.. I want to see how they play..

I do not have a hard on for Josh's Players like some do..

Nor am I in a bromance with them..

I'm an equal opportunity guy that if the coach says he has to go, I'm going to go with what he says cause he is the pro and as far as I can see John has a very good coaching staff..

Heads above anything that Tanahan ever had..

Tanahan had zero creds after the same end of season presser he had for about 4 years straight after one of them I thought something sounded like I had heard it before.. so went back to see them on the web site they were almost verbatim..

after I called it on the old mania site it was not to long after they pulled the old ones out of the viewing area.. now maybe that was making room for more or just embarassing I do not know..
                      Last edited by lonestar; 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        One guy doesn't count as others said he tried the skilled but undersized late round picks or converted TE. We struggled running short yardage because of lack of size and physical presence not because of scheme.
                        I do not get why so many folks turned a blind eye to this..

it was plain to anyone that was paying attention..

late season fades as well as getting our ass kicked in playoffs were all teh teams are good teams.

No trap games there unless of course you were NE coming to DEN in the year 2006..

OUR ONLY playoff win under Tanahan after the super bowl wins..

then our OL was a sieve against PIT the next week..

Hell some of the Defenders were back in the pocket before Jake got there on a few plays..

Comment

• the OL looked great on the first drive against the Bears

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                            the OL looked great on the first drive against the Bears
                            Yep I thought everyone looked pretty good either in pass protect or run blocking.. replayed alot of the plays to see who was or was not blocking..

No real issues I saw..

just like in most of these threads it is chicken little the sky is falling..

Comment

Yep I thought everyone looked pretty good either in pass protect or run blocking.. replayed alot of the plays to see who was or was not blocking..

No real issues I saw..

just like in most of these threads it is chicken little the sky is falling..
                              I started this thread last December....I still have concerns.

Comment

• The Broncos for many years have been weak in short yardage. Really since TD retired, the Broncos have failed so many 3rd and 1 type running plays, mainly to being smaller inside on the OL.

Comment

Working...
                                X