X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozomulsion
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDave View Post
    A couple of plays a game from our starting RB just isn't good enough...

As fans I think we need to set our sights higher
    Did you see our blocking? McGahee couldn't do sh*t either. KM excels in the I formation, yet we were in the shot-gun almost every play. He ran very good out of the I in preseason. I didn't understand much of what I saw of our formations in that game.
    Last edited by ozomulsion; 09-14-2011, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rolandftw
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
    It was the first year of a rebuild with a new coach and the franchise QB had just revealed himself to be a transexual who couldn't cope with change. I would say Shanahan had MUCH higher expectations year to year than McD did that year. With Shanny I think it's safe to say we all believed we were just a couple playmakers on defense away from being a playoff team every year.

And Foster had exactly zero decent seasons.
    With Shanahan, there were high expectations of the team every year BUT I was referring to draft expectations. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had higher expectations from the 2009 and 2010 drafts then I think any Shanahan draft.

Wasn't saying Foster was great, but he did start for 2-3 seasons right? Think he's at least on par with Ayers, unless something changes in his game.

Leave a comment:

• fontaine
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisp View Post
    But overall I think the guy is fundamentally sound. He gets pressure, I think he's just a step slow to actually get to the QB.
    That's being very kind. I've seen DT's with a quicker first step/explosion than Ayers. I said as much in his first season and was roundly criticized here.

He'll get better with experience, no doubt, but no amount of experience can give you a lightning quick first step.

Leave a comment:

• orinjkrush
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    How can you mess up that bad with so many picks is just baffling to me.
    easy. the scouting-player evaluation PROCESS is totally FUBARRED.

someone should go intern with the Packers or Ravens or Steelers.

Leave a comment:

• DHallblows
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoLover View Post
    You don't even know who plays on this team and you are giving out comments. First you need to learn to watch properly... playing a game is not even in your blood, once you figure out how to watch, then start posting some useful comments.
    Yeah, what the annoying, new douche said

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
    I guess it just comes down to expectations. They didn't get much from the 2003 draft obviously, although Foster was a decent tackle for a couple seasons.

But Broncos fans had high hopes that they could really rebuild the defense with 4 first rounders over a two year period of time. Not only did Hoodie Jr, target players that seem to be mediocre at best but he impacted their 2010 draft in losing the #14th pick to Seattle in the process.
    It was the first year of a rebuild with a new coach and the franchise QB had just revealed himself to be a transexual who couldn't cope with change. I would say Shanahan had MUCH higher expectations year to year than McD did that year. With Shanny I think it's safe to say we all believed we were just a couple playmakers on defense away from being a playoff team every year.

And Foster had exactly zero decent seasons.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoLover
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I don't see how somebody can come in here and start a topic on how Ayers sucks instead of how bad Hill sucks. He couldn't tackle a blown up doll. Watching Champ make some of those tackles he did from a CB spot and then you watch Hill hit a guy, fail to wrap up, slip off and fall to the ground as the WR/TE/RB continues upfield with Hill laying on the ground behind them. That's why 1 guy goes to the probowl every year and the other is considered stop gap.
    You don't even know who plays on this team and you are giving out comments. First you need to learn to watch properly... playing a game is not even in your blood, once you figure out how to watch, then start posting some useful comments.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldorado View Post
    I'm officially on the 'Goodman sux' bandwagon. That was horrible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Ayers play inside some last night?
    That one play from the end zone which campbell threw, if that way little inside.. that 6 all the way. good for goodman, the receiver had to go out after catching.. he was clear 2-3 steps behind. Add me to that bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    KM = Kevin Faulk

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    Broke dick is broke dick. If he runs for 9 yards, he comes off the field with a broke vag.
    KM should be a 3rd down back used for either screens or to pick up blitzes.

KM is never going to be an elite back, unless we play KFC every game.

Leave a comment:

• TheChamp24
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
    Ayers has a nastiness to him at times that borderlines on stupidity. He's a decent DL, but no where near what the Broncos thought he could be at pick #18 in the draft. Basically, the 2009 draft is probably the Broncos worst draft ever. Hoodie Jr, had a good draft in 2010 though.
    * WR Demaryius Thomas (1st Round, 22nd overall) - injured often and still a work in progress
    * QB Tim Tebow (1st Round, 25th overall) - backup who a lot think will never be a NFL QB, some think he could blossom
    * OL Zane Beadles – (2nd Round, 45th overall) - probably wouldn't be starting on a lot of teams
    * C J.D. Walton – (3rd Round, 80th overall) - most definitely wouldn't be starting on a lot of teams, I just don't see much in him
    * WR Eric Decker – (3rd Round, 87th overall) (from Philadelphia) - shows promise, but so did Darius Watts
    * CB Perrish Cox – (5th Round, 137th overall) (from Philadelphia via Cleveland) - cut
    * C Eric Olsen – (6th Round, 183rd overall) - cut
    * CB Syd’quan Thompson - (7th, 225th overall) - IR
    * DE/OLB Jammie Kirlew – (7th, 232rd overall) - cut

We got an often injured work in progress WR, a backup QB who's a project, two below average OL starters, a promising WR and IMO at best secondary depth in Squid.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
    Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder......the beat goes on!
    I'll raise you a Ryan Sims, Glen Dorsey, Ty Jackson, Junior Savii. I'm sure there are plenty more I'm missing.

Leave a comment:

• Maximus
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDave View Post
    Every year I keep hearing moreno will be OK...

...Still waiting
    He's a knowShow

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
    The 09 and 10 1st round draft picks are the reason were a bottom feeding team right now. Heres our picks, and the picks picked immidiately after us.

09 1a. Knowshon Moreno - Brian Orakpo - Malcolm Jenkins - Brian Cushing
    09 1b. Robert Ayers - Jeremy Maclin - Brandon Pettigrew - Alex Mack - Percy Harvin - Michael Oher

10 1a. Demaryius Thomas -Bryan Bulaga - Dez Bryant
    10 1b. Tim Tebow - Dan Williams - Devin McCourty

Not to mention Earl Thomas who coulda been ours at 14.

Theres always gonna be some busts in drafts.... but McDanials killed a great shot at building a very strong core of a football team.

Give this team Brian Orakpo-Michael Oher-Dez Bryant-Dan Williams-Earl Thomas and you have a young core....
    I would have much rather had Dan Williams than reaching for Timbo, at least Dan would have been in a rotation, Tim is just warming a bench.

**** mCd!

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    I have to admit I like Ayers better at DE better than at LB.

He was not explosive as a LB in the 3-4 and he had 1 move beside power rush.

Oddly I have noticed that this year in this D teams are doubleteaming him and yet he is still getting penetration. He can set the edge well and keep teams from going wide on us so there is that...

His plus is that he is an above avg run stuffer but below avg pass rusher. If we picked him lower I wouldn't be as hard on him. If you pick a guy in the 1st round he should be quality, at least Ayers is starting and contributing, Moss couldn't do that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X