Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Ayers = Jarvis Moss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    He means Goodman, the other Miami DB pick up that can't play football.
    It's an understandable mixup

    Comment


    • #32
      Goodman can't tackle, dude got dragged around the field.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Drek View Post
        Looked pretty good when he had room to work on receptions last night.

        He's got some moves, he just needs the chance to do something with it.
        No one doubts that Moreno is one of the better receiving RB's. That's not his problem. His problem is that he's neither fast nor big enough to be an effective between the tackles HB. It doesn't help him that he plays on one of the worse run blocking lines in the NFL.

        He's a very poor man's Reggie Bush. That can't return punts or kickoffs.

        Comment


        • #34
          Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder......the beat goes on!

          Comment


          • #35
            Ayers has a nastiness to him at times that borderlines on stupidity. He's a decent DL, but no where near what the Broncos thought he could be at pick #18 in the draft. Basically, the 2009 draft is probably the Broncos worst draft ever. Hoodie Jr, had a good draft in 2010 though.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by 24champ View Post
              Goodman can't tackle, dude got dragged around the field.
              I'm not sure he's strong enough to hang on and be dragged tbh.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
                Ayers has a nastiness to him at times that borderlines on stupidity. He's a decent DL, but no where near what the Broncos thought he could be at pick #18 in the draft. Basically, the 2009 draft is probably the Broncos worst draft ever. Hoodie Jr, had a good draft in 2010 though.
                I see your 2009 and raise you a 2003 http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/...cos/draft/2003

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Rolandftw View Post
                  Basically, the 2009 draft is probably the Broncos worst draft ever.
                  Yep.

                  Two average guys in the first round who probably wouldn't be starting on most teams, and three second round reaches who are no longer with the team.

                  Pretty chitty return on 5 picks in the first 64.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
                    I see your 2009 and raise you a 2003 http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/...cos/draft/2003
                    I guess it just comes down to expectations. They didn't get much from the 2003 draft obviously, although Foster was a decent tackle for a couple seasons.

                    But Broncos fans had high hopes that they could really rebuild the defense with 4 first rounders over a two year period of time. Not only did Hoodie Jr, target players that seem to be mediocre at best but he impacted their 2010 draft in losing the #14th pick to Seattle in the process.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The 09 and 10 1st round draft picks are the reason were a bottom feeding team right now. Heres our picks, and the picks picked immidiately after us.

                      09 1a. Knowshon Moreno - Brian Orakpo - Malcolm Jenkins - Brian Cushing
                      09 1b. Robert Ayers - Jeremy Maclin - Brandon Pettigrew - Alex Mack - Percy Harvin - Michael Oher

                      10 1a. Demaryius Thomas -Bryan Bulaga - Dez Bryant
                      10 1b. Tim Tebow - Dan Williams - Devin McCourty

                      Not to mention Earl Thomas who coulda been ours at 14.

                      Theres always gonna be some busts in drafts.... but McDanials killed a great shot at building a very strong core of a football team.

                      Give this team Brian Orakpo-Michael Oher-Dez Bryant-Dan Williams-Earl Thomas and you have a young core....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        and give us Peyton Hillis while you're at it too.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I have to admit I like Ayers better at DE better than at LB.

                          He was not explosive as a LB in the 3-4 and he had 1 move beside power rush.

                          Oddly I have noticed that this year in this D teams are doubleteaming him and yet he is still getting penetration. He can set the edge well and keep teams from going wide on us so there is that...

                          His plus is that he is an above avg run stuffer but below avg pass rusher. If we picked him lower I wouldn't be as hard on him. If you pick a guy in the 1st round he should be quality, at least Ayers is starting and contributing, Moss couldn't do that.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
                            The 09 and 10 1st round draft picks are the reason were a bottom feeding team right now. Heres our picks, and the picks picked immidiately after us.

                            09 1a. Knowshon Moreno - Brian Orakpo - Malcolm Jenkins - Brian Cushing
                            09 1b. Robert Ayers - Jeremy Maclin - Brandon Pettigrew - Alex Mack - Percy Harvin - Michael Oher

                            10 1a. Demaryius Thomas -Bryan Bulaga - Dez Bryant
                            10 1b. Tim Tebow - Dan Williams - Devin McCourty

                            Not to mention Earl Thomas who coulda been ours at 14.

                            Theres always gonna be some busts in drafts.... but McDanials killed a great shot at building a very strong core of a football team.

                            Give this team Brian Orakpo-Michael Oher-Dez Bryant-Dan Williams-Earl Thomas and you have a young core....
                            I would have much rather had Dan Williams than reaching for Timbo, at least Dan would have been in a rotation, Tim is just warming a bench.

                            **** mCd!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TheDave View Post
                              Every year I keep hearing moreno will be OK...


                              ...Still waiting
                              He's a knowShow

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
                                Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder......the beat goes on!
                                I'll raise you a Ryan Sims, Glen Dorsey, Ty Jackson, Junior Savii. I'm sure there are plenty more I'm missing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X