X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayers isn't Moss bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler View Post
      While I begged to differ at the time, Gil Brandt said last year that with the number of high draft picks Denver had the past two seasons, Denver failed (miserably) to capitalize on the talent available to them.

4 #1's and 4 #2's. Still a touch early to pass final judgement, but long enough to know we didn't provide the beginning of a solid foundation to rebuild this once proud franchise.
      I won't bring up the player we wasted three picks on.

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
        ...if Moreno has any sort of blocking he will be ok.
        Sadly I've come to the conclusion that "o.k." is probably his ceiling...

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler View Post
          While I begged to differ at the time, Gil Brandt said last year that with the number of high draft picks Denver had the past two seasons, Denver failed (miserably) to capitalize on the talent available to them.

4 #1's and 4 #2's. Still a touch early to pass final judgement, but long enough to know we didn't provide the beginning of a solid foundation to rebuild this once proud franchise.
          How can you mess up that bad with so many picks is just baffling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            I won't bring up the player we wasted three picks on.
            I question that pick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDave View Post
              Every year I keep hearing moreno will be OK...

...Still waiting
              And every year we've had a fcking terrible offensive line, the guy isn't AP, he isn't going to be able to dominate if he gets hit in the backfield.

Comment

He did have a good catch and run.

So good, I thought it was McGahee...

Apparently, his lungs and hammies couldn't handle it.

Comment

And every year we've had a fcking terrible offensive line, the guy isn't AP, he isn't going to be able to dominate if he gets hit in the backfield.
                  Broke dick is broke dick. If he runs for 9 yards, he comes off the field with a broke vag.

Comment

Ayers isn't terrible, Moss was an abomination.

And he is not the best player out of that draft, if Moreno has any sort of blocking he will be ok.
                    Saw him dancing behind the line again. He seems to be really good on 3rd down and he is in a wideout position (or catches one from the backfield). For a #14 pick, I want to see much more. OL doesn't help the situation in many cases.

Comment

I don't see how somebody can come in here and start a topic on how Ayers sucks instead of how bad Hill sucks. He couldn't tackle a blown up doll. Watching Champ make some of those tackles he did from a CB spot and then you watch Hill hit a guy, fail to wrap up, slip off and fall to the ground as the WR/TE/RB continues upfield with Hill laying on the ground behind them. That's why 1 guy goes to the probowl every year and the other is considered stop gap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        I don't see how somebody can come in here and start a topic on how Ayers sucks instead of how bad Hill sucks. He couldn't tackle a blown up doll. Watching Champ make some of those tackles he did from a CB spot and then you watch Hill hit a guy, fail to wrap up, slip off and fall to the ground as the WR/TE/RB continues upfield with Hill laying on the ground behind them. That's why 1 guy goes to the probowl every year and the other is considered stop gap.
                        Who is Hill? Renaldo Hill was cut.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                          Saw him dancing behind the line again. He seems to be really good on 3rd down and he is in a wideout position (or catches one from the backfield). For a #14 pick, I want to see much more. OL doesn't help the situation in many cases.
                          it was #12, so we are good.

Comment

Originally posted by HILife View Post
                            it was #12, so we are good.
                            If he was #214 pick, then we are good. You just made me feel worse.

Comment

Jarvis Moss never started and never really did anything for us at all. Ayers is actually a solid starter and the least of our worries on the d-line.

I think the problem, however, is that he was picked a little above his level. D-ends and OLBs picked in the first round have to be able to get to the passer. the guy got something like 3 sacks in his best college year!! Guys who get sacks in college don't always get them in the pros, but guys who don't get sacks in college definitely don't get them in the pros.

But overall I think the guy is fundamentally sound. He gets pressure, I think he's just a step slow to actually get to the QB. He's a solid, run-stuffing d-end, he'll just never, ever have a 10-sack-plus season

However, if we had drafted the guy in the 2nd or 3rd we'd probably be Ok with his contribution. 4th or below and he'd be a steal. Do NOT compare him with Moss, who history tells us was a bona fide bust.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                                He means Goodman, the other Miami DB pick up that can't play football.
                                I'm officially on the 'Goodman sux' bandwagon. That was horrible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Ayers play inside some last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X