Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season tickets - South stands second level or 5th level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season tickets - South stands second level or 5th level?

Ok, my name has come up on the waiting list. I didn't expect to get the call for another 3-5 years.

I have a choice between the 2nd level corners of the south stands (228, 229, 235, 236) or on the 5th level between the 20-30 yard lines (506, 510, 532, 536).

So, what do you guys think? South stands corner endzone or upper deck sideline?

Also, for games I am not able to make (I'm out of state), will there be any difference between the upper and south stands in terms of being able to sell them through the ticket exchange?

My dad and I have had season tickets in Section 506 since Invesco opened. We are moving this year to...510. I personally like the view because you have a great layout of the field, and can really watch plays develop. I have say behind the endzones before and I'm not a big fan of that point of view. Others might disagree. It could be because I'm so used to sitting on the West side of Mile High and now Invesco. Another plus you might not think about is on the West side you are blocked from a lot of the wind from the West, and you will also not have the sun shining in your eyes early in the season like the East stand.

We are moving from 506 to 510 because we are tired of having different people around us every game. That includes opposing fans and people who seem to be there just to be there and have no rooting interest in either team. Makes for a boring atmosphere. I don't know if 510 will be any different, but it can't be worse. We're also moving a few rows lower, so there is that.

Comment

I'd say south stands II level
      You can see the whole field and plays as they develop.

Comment

I sat in 235 years ago. Loved it. Very marketable seats also. I agree. Level II of south is even better than one unless you are in the front row.
        Last edited by Meck77; 05-15-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

If it were South Stands at the OLD Mile High, this would be a no-brainer. My dad has tix in section 231 in the south stands. The endzone point of view isn't too bad - I have a pair in the first level of the south stands, too, but based on the sections you're looking at, it may be a tough choice for me as well.

The south stands tix are still more appealing 500s whenever you need to sell them - that's something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by RMT View Post

The south stands tix are still more appealing 500s whenever you need to sell them - that's something to consider.
            To make sure I'm reading this right. You're saying south stands should sell better than 500's when I need to sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
              To make sure I'm reading this right. You're saying south stands should sell better than 500's when I need to sell them?
              I have section 517 tickets and have no problem selling them for face value on Craigs list. Usually sell within 2-3 hours on a Friday or Saturday

Now if you feel more secure going through Ticket Exchange hard to tell which seats sell better. I would think right now the cheaper tickets sell better

Comment

I was surprised when my wife handed me the mailer on Friday. I think I signed up in early 2006 and figured it would be 10 years or longer. I guess between the economy and Broncos recent down years, a lot of season ticket holders have dumped their seats.

Comment

I was surprised when my wife handed me the mailer on Friday. I think I signed up in early 2006 and figured it would be 10 years or longer. I guess between the economy and Broncos recent down years, a lot of season ticket holders have dumped their seats.
                  Just curious, how many seats are you getting? I ask because this is the second time I've heard of a new person getting seats that were better than my own (I've had season tickets for 3 years and always pay in full early. My priority number is around 20,000 and the Broncos said they wouldn't get to my upgrade request until mid-June.

Comment

Originally posted by RunSilentRunDeep View Post
                    Just curious, how many seats are you getting? I ask because this is the second time I've heard of a new person getting seats that were better than my own (I've had season tickets for 3 years and always pay in full early. My priority number is around 20,000 and the Broncos said they wouldn't get to my upgrade request until mid-June.
                    I'm getting two, but I also checked on 3 and 4 out of curiosity and both were available in the same area.

I just checked and in south stands the only four's showing are 229 and 236 row 33. In the fifth level, 536 row 30.

There are quite a few more choices in each area for only two or or three seats.
                    Last edited by tnedator; 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

A lot would depend on what row you were offered for the 500 level seats. You start getting in the upper 20's and 30's and that turns out to be quite a climb. The upper level seats are very easy to sell if you keep them reasonable and closer to face value. I sta in 504 2 years ago and mine would sell within a couple hours of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by mj1569 View Post
                        A lot would depend on what row you were offered for the 500 level seats. You start getting in the upper 20's and 30's and that turns out to be quite a climb. The upper level seats are very easy to sell if you keep them reasonable and closer to face value. I sta in 504 2 years ago and mine would sell within a couple hours of posting.
                        Rows 34 and 35 in 5th level sections. High teens/low 20's in south stands level two sections.

Comment

Rows 34 and 35 in 5th level sections. High teens/low 20's in south stands level two sections.
                          I went to a game last year, and I was in the 30's on the upper level. I was actually shocked by how well I could see everything (being on the 50 yard line helped). I took binocs, and didn't use them once during the game. I could see everything.

It was a bit of a hike, as someone mentioned, but the view was amazing. I could see the play develop well, and even could tell where the ball was going to be spotted. It was the first time I had been there, and I could see the development of the plays even better than on TV.

Comment

It really comes down to your preference. The 500 level seats you listed are near the top of the section and the south stand seats are pretty far back from the field in my opinion. My preference has always been to sit between the goal lines rather than the end zone. Both would probably sell fairly easy on ticket exchange. If you choose the 500 level seats get your drinks or food before you go to your seats or get in shape for the climb.

Comment

Easy choice....2nd Level of the South Stands.

That is where my season tickets are (232) and I think the seats are excellent.

Not nearly as rowdy as my tickets in the the old South Stands, but I am surrounded by good fans.

My seats are great as you walk into the stadium from the councourse, take a left, go up a few steps and my seats are right there....easy in and out if you need to take a piss or get something.
                              Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X