UN Announces No Fly Zone Over Libya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Announces No Fly Zone Over Libya

Just announced. UN Security Council passed no fly zone in a 10 to 0 vote. Expect bombing of air defense sites to begin soon.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42124388...deastn_africa/

Comment

They are prepping Charlie Sheen as we speak.

Comment

Obviously this is Obama's fault - just waiting for Epic to explain it to me

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
          Obama was moving too slow.

Now, he's moving too fast.

They're waiting for him to move just right.

Like Goldilocks.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
            Of course it's Obama's fault. No wait we should balme Bush. Actually lets blame FDR I think he ruined the Middle East

Comment

Not that I agree with this, but I'm a military aviation nut, so I can't want to see Libya's Mirages and MiG-23s get blasted out of the sky by Raptors they didn't-and never will-see.

Comment

Bout time...just think of this as your own warning...our govt wont come to your aid until it appears you've lost the battle for democracy. What a contradiction in logic.

Comment

The only questions people asked were why the USA did not lead the effort, and why it took so long. There is a chance it is too little too late. Gaddaffi may just use tanks now instead of jets. One report said that he went all out with the airstrikes to get done what needed to be done prior to a no fly zone.

Hell maybe we wanted a bunch of the hardcore rebels to die before we entered. I am open minded because I used same logic to defend Bush. For all we know Obama a friggin Genius for playing it this way. We have no idea because we don't get CIA briefings. They may have told Obama look let it break down some more, some really bad guys are being killed right now. Guys who want to take Libya over when Gaddaffi falls. Let them be weakened a bit before we act.

I'm not defending the lack luster approach, only asking people to understand Obama gets 100 times more information then we do.

It sort of looks like maybe France wanted to take the lead to send a message, and USA let them. Not a bad idea considering Libya more there problem regionally then ours.

I'm starting to come around to the way Obama slow played this hand. I think it is important that even if we don't like the President we take the time to look at all the angles that may be presented, and be big enough to say maybe I called him a pussy on this topic a tad to quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
                    Bout time...just think of this as your own warning...our govt wont come to your aid until it appears you've lost the battle for democracy. What a contradiction in logic.
                    Im a firm believer that those that want freedom should, at first, begin the fight themselves. We can help, but they have to initiate it and we should only help if, without our help, their fight will fail.

That's how our revolution was. We started the fight, and suffered many setbacks and sacrificed a great deal before teh French came to help and without their help we would have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                      Not that I agree with this, but I'm a military aviation nut, so I can't want to see Libya's Mirages and MiG-23s get blasted out of the sky by Raptors they didn't-and never will-see.
                      It Gaddaffi decides to go out with a bang maybe he attacks outside of Libya. He would fail IMO but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Chalk View Post
                        Im a firm believer that those that want freedom should, at first, begin the fight themselves. We can help, but they have to initiate it and we should only help if, without our help, their fight will fail.

That's how our revolution was. We started the fight, and suffered many setbacks and sacrificed a great deal before teh French came to help and without their help we would have failed.
                        We are AmeriCAN we didn't need the french (despite not being America yet, oh well. This no place for facts)

Comment

Originally posted by Cmac821 View Post
                          We are AmeriCAN we don't need the french
                          We did in the late 1700s.

Im no fan of teh Frog's but credit where credit is due. Without their Navy the filthy Redcoats would have overwhelmed us.

Comment

We did in the late 1700s.

Im no fan of teh Frog's but credit where credit is due. Without their Navy the filthy Redcoats would have overwhelmed us.
                            I will grant you we were not America yet but no way did "they" help (sarcasm if you missed it)

Comment

Pretty much once it was obvious war was going to happen, we sent emissaries to the french. It took proving we could win on our own to secure french aid.

Comment

Working...
                              X