Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chili recipes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chili recipes?

    i'm changing up my usual chili, wondering if anyone here has some amazing chili recipes?

  • #2
    Originally posted by theStifmeister View Post
    i'm changing up my usual chili, wondering if anyone here has some amazing chili recipes?
    I wish I had a good one. I would to know one as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you really set up an account here just to learn about chili?

      Also I'm looking forward to seeing some recipes tbqh. I should eat more legumes.

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61904

        Comment


        • #5
          Warning: this one takes a while and can get really hot if you get carried away with the chili peppers. When done right, it kicks ass.

          Ingredients:

          Ground beef 2 lbs, stew beef cubes 2 lbs
          Onion sweet or white 4 cups
          Beans at least 2 cans (up to 4?)
          Diced tomatoes 28 oz, crushed tomatoes 28 oz.
          1 can Chipotle in Adobo sauce.
          Better than Buillion Chicken base
          ?Green Pepper 1-2
          Jalapenos 1
          Other Chili Pepper (Anaheim)?
          Garlic 8 cloves
          Cayenne pepper
          Light Chili Powder
          Dark Chili Powder
          Cumin
          Salt
          Pepper

          Directions:

          Brown ground beef and cubes.

          Sautee onion and garlic in EVOO, don’t brown.

          Add Beef, 28 oz diced tomatoes + 28 oz crushed tomatoes, hot peppers, 1/2 can of Chipotle in adobo sauce.
          Simmer 1 hr
          Remove and squeeze out hot pepper juice.
          Note when I used 2 jalapenos and 1 habanera, it was too hot, even for me.

          Add 3 tbs CP + 3 tbs Hot Mexican CP + 1 tbs Cumin+ 1 tsp cayenne+ 1 tsp salt+1tsp pepper+2 tsp chicken base.
          Simmer 1 hr. Add beer prn

          Add 2 tbs light and 2 tbs dark CP + 1 tbs Cumin + 2 tsp paprika, other ½ Chipotle Adobo, 2-4 cans of beans.
          Simmer ½ to 1 hr. Add beer prn
          Last edited by spdavis3; 02-01-2011, 08:32 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Use this and tweak it to your taste:

            http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Habaner...li/Detail.aspx

            Comment


            • #7
              get in your car and drive to wendy's

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spdavis3 View Post
                Warning: this one takes a while and can get really hot if you get carried away with the chili peppers. When done right, it kicks ass.

                Ingredients:

                Ground beef 2 lbs, stew beef cubes 2 lbs
                Onion sweet or white 4 cups
                Beans at least 2 cans (up to 4?)
                Diced tomatoes 28 oz, crushed tomatoes 28 oz.
                1 can Chipotle in Adobo sauce.
                Better than Buillion Chicken base
                ?Green Pepper 1-2
                Jalapenos 1
                Other Chili Pepper (Anaheim)?
                Garlic 8 cloves
                Cayenne pepper
                Light Chili Powder
                Dark Chili Powder
                Cumin
                Salt
                Pepper

                Directions:

                Brown ground beef and cubes.

                Sautee onion and garlic in EVOO, don’t brown.

                Add Beef, 28 oz diced tomatoes + 28 oz crushed tomatoes, hot peppers, 1/2 can of Chipotle in adobo sauce.
                Simmer 1 hr
                Remove and squeeze out hot pepper juice.
                Note when I used 2 jalapenos and 1 habanera, it was too hot, even for me.

                Add 3 tbs CP + 3 tbs Hot Mexican CP + 1 tbs Cumin+ 1 tsp cayenne+ 1 tsp salt+1tsp pepper+2 tsp chicken base.
                Simmer 1 hr. Add beer prn

                Add 2 tbs light and 2 tbs dark CP + 1 tbs Cumin + 2 tsp paprika, other ½ Chipotle Adobo, 2-4 cans of beans.
                Simmer ½ to 1 hr. Add beer prn
                Holy **** first post for 5 year lurker!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PRBronco View Post
                  Holy **** first post for 5 year lurker!
                  Clearly, he was just waiting for the opportunity.

                  I've got a New Mexico red chili sauce recipe that I put on enchiladas and stuff... I'll share that once I get home from work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    just waiting for the chance to contribute something useful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Agree with driving to Wendy's. It might take me an hour and a half and way too much money spent at the grocery store to get all of the ingredients listed on these recipies.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You got to tweak around with it yourself but a few core things I like to roll with:

                        ground chorizo coupled with cubed stew beef for your meat.

                        chipotle in adobo, key for the right chili flavor in my opinion.

                        masa harina for your thickening agent, FYI a little goes a long ways.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
                          Agree with driving to Wendy's. It might take me an hour and a half and way too much money spent at the grocery store to get all of the ingredients listed on these recipies.
                          A friend of mine worked there in High school . It always bugged me that they used all the old hamburgers as the chili meat.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                            A friend of mine worked there in High school . It always bugged me that they used all the old hamburgers as the chili meat.
                            Excellent. To be completely honest, that's 10x better than what I was imagining they were using.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                              Excellent. To be completely honest, that's 10x better than what I was imagining they were using.
                              They had the burger bucket. When a hamburger had pasted it's prime into the bucket it went. Then the next day they called it Chili meat. Yuck.

                              Still it's probably better then Taco Bell. Heard on the news last night the an independent company did a study on there taco meat and found that it was less then 30% beef.. They will now have to call it Taco meat. They will not be able to use the word beef. Now that gross

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X