Who should we draft at #2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should we draft at #2?

So now that Fairley has officially declared… who do you want? With such strong defensive prospects, we're at a great spot to have our choice of the lot unless Carolina goes D. Fairley has my vote, but I'd be damn happy with any of these guys.
    Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    46.73%
    Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    12.06%
    Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    4.02%
    Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    3.52%
    Any of the above!
    5.53%
    None of the above (who then?)
    1.01%
    Trade down; accumulate picks
    16.58%
    Too early; ask me after the combine
    10.55%
    Last edited by Williams; 01-14-2011, 07:18 PM.

Best defensive lineman, whoever that is. No problem with Fairley or Bowers at #2 if that's who they grade the highest.

Comment

If you say draft a CB...you lose your balls

Comment

1. Trade down and accumulate more picks
        2. Any of the above (Fairley, Peterson, Bowers)

Comment

Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
          1. Trade down and accumulate more picks
          2. Any of the above (Fairley, Peterson, Bowers)
          We won;t be able to trade out of that second spot and get the value that you want.

Comment

If they stay at 2 and Fairley isn't taken by Carolina, he's the obvious choice. This team needs an interior DL in the worst way. I'd like to see Liugit from Illinois or Heyward from Ohio St as well with a later pick. Also, if Illinois running back Mikael LeShoure is available in the 4th or 5th round, he would be a very good additon.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
              We won;t be able to trade out of that second spot and get the value that you want.
              With the new rookie scale in place high picks are going to be worth more than they ever have.

Comment

Patrick Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by Man-Goblin View Post
                  Best defensive lineman, whoever that is. No problem with Fairley or Bowers at #2 if that's who they grade the highest.

Comment

Originally posted by ICON View Post
                    Patrick Peterson
                    Having an all-pro HOF CB for the last decade has led to one playoff win. Even if Peterson is the equal of Champ (spoiler alert = he won't be) it doesn't help our biggest weakness.
                    Let's get the D line fixed first for god's sake.

Comment

Hard to tell. If we're going with a 4-3, and we franchise or sign Champ, then Ayers and Dumervil are our DEs and Fairley would be the sensible choice as an interior, one gap rusher. If we don't sign Champ, maybe Peterson, but I would think that Fox will want to fix the Dline first, before investing heavily in the secondary. If we're going with a 3/4 then Dareus is the smart pick, but we still don't have much in the way of a NT or 3/4 LBs, so if it's 3/4, the smart thing to do is trade down and get two linemen, like Paea and Jordan and more picks for LBs. Doesn't really matter because it won't get fixed in one season.

Comment

Trade down, get picks.

Comment

Originally posted by chawknz View Post
                          Trade down, get picks.
                          And do what with them I have an idea, lets get more of what we already have.... Average, make zero impact players. Great idea. We have been doing that for years and look what it has gotten us.

Do not trade down, do not pass go, do not collect "more picks" Pick the best player in the draft period at each draft slot.

I am so sick of hearing the lets get more picks crap. Who is going to give us equal/fair value to pick at #2 expecially if Fairly is taken #1 by Carolina.

Anyone? Bueller....

Comment

Anyone who wants a QB, and there's a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Man-Goblin View Post
                              With the new rookie scale in place high picks are going to be worth more than they ever have.
                              I hate to break the news to everyone but unless their is a agreement on the CBA there is no rookie pay scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X