X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway deal finalized, Harbaugh is #1 choice, per schefter

per PFT:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-run-broncos/

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Elway and the Broncos have reached agreement on a deal that will make Elway an executive VP of the team......Former G.M. Brian Xanders will reportedly answer to Elway and Schefter reports the first order of business for Elway will be to try to hire Jim Harbaugh from Stanford. (Wonder if Elway has any connections there?)
    Good stuff, though very very scary that a guy with no experience will be making significant team choices. I know hes a good football and business mind, but this really needs to be more like ozzie newsome and less like matt millen. Can someone do a coach chronicle on harbaugh?

Also per PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nod-and-smile/

Meanwhile, a buzz is emerging in league circles regarding the possibility that Elway will waltz into the Broncos front office, Matt Millen-style, and potentially run a team without the experience or, possibly, the skill to do so.

“Please let the Elway rumor be true!” an executive with another AFC team told us via text message earlier this week.
    They absolutely need to understand what his role is, and it should be to assist in making decisions and give his input as someone who played and can still connect with current players. If he goes in and runs the show, this could be a total disaster.
    Last edited by tsiguy96; 01-02-2011, 07:00 AM.

Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    per PFT:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-run-broncos/

Good stuff. Can someone do a coach chronicle on harbaugh?
    Interserting quote about Xanders. "Former GM" yet still in the organization
    Someone else has to be coming onboard to compliment Xanders

Comment

Everyone around the team insists this is more than a P.R. move and Elway will truly be running the show despite no NFL experience

That’s exactly what has the rest of the NFL smiling and nodding.
      Looks like he`ll have to come from behind again.

Comment

You would have to think if harbaugh becomes our new HC that it is a lock for Luck to be our 1st round selection if he is available no matter how tebow plays today

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Comment

Originally posted by BioCore View Post
            You would have to think if harbaugh becomes our new HC that it is a lock for Luck to be our 1st round selection if he is available no matter how tebow plays today
            Well if the Panthers take him, it's a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by BioCore View Post
              i wouldnt be sure. a HC job first and foremost is to evaluate his team and its needs and try to fill them. if former players do that, great. but not waste your best resources on areas of strength.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                Interserting quote about Xanders. "Former GM" yet still in the organization
                Someone else has to be coming onboard to compliment Xanders
                I think that woud umtimately be the case

Comment

I voted for Harbaugh since there were indications that Elway will be involved in hiring HC.
                  I hope Harbaugh will evaluate Tebow before drafting a QB in first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Well if the Panthers take him, it's a moot point.
                    I wonder if they couldn`t engineer a trade of first rounders if Luck was cold to Carolina.

Comment

The scariest part of this whole deal is John putting himself up for criticism as a Bronco. Worst case scenario, he pulls a Matt Millen and our image of The Duke is forever tarnished in some way.

Good luck John! We need another comeback!

Comment

im definitely not averse to harbaugh, i think i will like that pick. wonder if he would move here though most indications are he wnats to 49ers or michigan.

Comment

Looks like the other thread just got moved. But a head coach with only two years of pro coaching experience in the NFL? And that for the Oakland Raiders? ugh and bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by lostknight View Post
                            Looks like the other thread just got moved. But a head coach with only two years of pro coaching experience in the NFL? And that for the Oakland Raiders? ugh and bleh.
                            Experienced coordinator(s) would help.

Comment

Originally posted by ayjackson View Post
                              I wonder if they couldn`t engineer a trade of first rounders if Luck was cold to Carolina.
                              Can Luck play baseball?

Comment

Working...
                              X