X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. It always worked for Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
      I can't understand how the scripted thing works after the first play. Do you totally disregard down and distance and call what's on the script, or do you sprinkle improv plays in amongst the scripted ones?

Do you just script first down plays?

What if it's 3rd and 20 after 2 plays and play #3 is scripted to be a draw?
      Josh said 3rd down is not a scripted down nor is red zone

On MNF Gruden was privy to Andy Reid's 1st 15 plays and called the shot several times in the 1st 15 including the 1st play and teh double reverse
      Last edited by CEH; 11-17-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by extralife View Post
        I like it. It always worked for Mike.

Not always.

Comment

Well duh.

What I'm saying is it worked very often, and it was very easy to tell that it worked. We were the best first quarter offense in the NFL under Mike. This team is terrible in the first quarter. If there's one thing we know Josh can do, it's offensive X's and O's--so play to his strength.

Comment

It's the BEST the offense has looked since the new staff took over.

Keep doing it.

Comment

It was a very nice mix of the super gutsy and the very simple, the double pass with Gaffney, the Royal end around, FB handoff and some stretch running.

The offensive line was also much better than at any other point during the season.

Comment

I sat there with the same dumb look on my face as when Oakland demolished us. Where did that team come from? All kinds of kudos to Josh and the team for coaching and playing a well scripted game. I don't care how it was done, it was done well, keep doing it. I don't know that I've enjoyed a game by the Broncos that much since they beat NE in the playoffs. Ok, well maybe that sack fest on Rivers last year.

Comment

best start ever elway too nattiel TD pass first play of the superbowl not soo goo second quarter though

Comment

I always assumed the first 15/18 plays thing followed some sort of flow chart that took into account the various likely different results of the plays and the next play was altered based on that.

For example, something like:

Play 1 - Play action pass, aim to get the ball 15-25 yards downfield.

If the pass is complete and your next play is a 1st and 10.

Play 2 - Run left

If pass is incomplete and you're faced with 2nd and 10

Play 2 - Bubble screen, try to at least pick up a few yards and make 3rd down manageable, hope your WR can do something extra and get a 1st down.

You get the general idea. Would love to hear from someone who actually knows how these things work though, as I really don't know.

Comment

It took the Chiefs COMPLETELY out of their gameplan. Instead of Jamal Charles, Matt Cassell had to beat the Broncos. He clearly wasn't up to the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post
                        I was at that game. I will never forget it! The Broncos completely dominated the Cowboys.

I was there as well! My dad and I fly in to catch Denver v Dallas games as he is a huge Dallas fan. I was in high school for this game and turning and rubbing in those huge td runs to my dad was GREAT! Man I miss td...

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                          I can't understand how the scripted thing works after the first play. Do you totally disregard down and distance and call what's on the script, or do you sprinkle improv plays in amongst the scripted ones?

Do you just script first down plays?

What if it's 3rd and 20 after 2 plays and play #3 is scripted to be a draw?
                          The scripted plays are for 1st & 2nd down only and when in the red zone they are shelved too.

Comment

Great stuff.

Comment

HA these bumps are messing with my head.

Comment

well, that was confusing

Comment

Working...
                                X