No announcement yet.

mCd 49er Post Game Presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a MHR fanpost this morning I was reminded of a Teddy Roosevelt quote I used to have framed in my office... and it seems appropriate with all these people making fun of McD's demeanor immediately after such a bitter loss:

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never tasted victory or defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

This is so funny!

Comment

Originally posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
        This is so funny!
        Yep, making fun of our coach for this train wreck of a season is sooo funny! (not that he doesn't deserve it)

You know what would actually be fun? Winning.

Comment

nobody on this site revels in our losing, obviously

Comment

This place is out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
              Yep, making fun of our coach for this train wreck of a season is sooo funny! (not that he doesn't deserve it)

You know what would actually be fun? Winning.
              Might as well get some fun out of it.

Comment

All he's trying to do is answer a mother***-ing question.

Comment

I'd look like that if I was publicly failing as hard. I wish he would put us out of our misery and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
                    In a MHR fanpost this morning I was reminded of a Teddy Roosevelt quote I used to have framed in my office... and it seems appropriate with all these people making fun of McD's demeanor immediately after such a bitter loss:

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never tasted victory or defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt
                    That was used to death during John's SB losses. Anyone who has been a Bronco fan for 15-20 years knows that quote.

The idea for this thread came to me last week after the Oakland presser, the fact that in this one his body language was even worse, this week was a slam dunk.

As a fanbase the TR quote should have been retired with John, that is his quote.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                      That was used to death during John's SB losses. Anyone who has been a Bronco fan for 15-20 years knows that quote.

The idea for this thread came to me last week after the Oakland presser, the fact that in this one his body language was even worse, this week was a slam dunk.

As a fanbase the TR quote should have been retired with John, that is his quote.
                      I think that quote is appropriate in any walk of life when derision and mockery are heaped on someone who has experienced failure. There are a lot of people who sit on the sidelines and gleefully tear apart someone who is actually in the game and who has suffered defeat... whether it's business or football or whatever.

And no one "owns" that quote, it has been ubiquitous for many years...

Comment

Originally posted by Ambiguous View Post
                        Might as well get some fun out of it.
                        I understand, but at least to me... those pics are tough to see.
                        The Denver Broncos coach being miserable will never be funny to me, whoever he might be.
                        I get it though, I enjoyed some of the jokes on the Oakland game thread... much better than getting upset over something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
                          I'd look like that if I was publicly failing as hard. I wish he would put us out of our misery and quit.
                          Yeah, I feel the same way about a lot of the people who post here.

Comment

Not since "broncosteven" finally got mercy effed has he been so happy. Glad the Broncos struggles bring you so much joy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
                              I understand, but at least to me... those pics are tough to see.
                              The Denver Broncos coach being miserable will never be funny to me, whoever he might be.
                              I get it though, I enjoyed some of the jokes on the Oakland game thread... much better than getting upset over something like that.
                              Telling maybe I didn't post it to mock or laugh at him, I think you can tell what is going on just by the pictures with no audio. I noticed that in the Oakland loss and it was even worse last night.

I am sure it is one of the little things he can fix over the bye though.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                Not since "broncosteven" finally got mercy effed has he been so happy. Glad the Broncos struggles bring you so much joy.
                                Once again an ex-brownshirt dictating what he thinks is going on.

Maybe you would be happier if I captured pictures of a Spags presser since your such a Spags fan of late?

Comment

Working...
                                X