Chiefs blacked out in Kansas City - first time in 19 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs blacked out in Kansas City - first time in 19 years

For the first time in 19 years, a Chiefs game will not be televised in Kansas City.

The Chiefs announced today that Sunday's home game against the Browns will not be shown in the Kansas City area because it did not sell out within 72 hours of kickoff. Last week the Chiefs received a 24-hour extension and were able to sell out their game and avoid a blackout, but this week they're apparently not close enough to a sellout for the league to grant a 24-hour extension.

Last week's game was the Chiefs' 156th consecutive sellout. The last time the Chiefs failed to sell out Arrowhead Stadium was in December of 1990.

Fans in Kansas City can watch the game on NFL.com beginning at midnight Sunday.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-kansas-city/

You know, it's going to be easy to pile on Chiefs fans... But screw that, if the Broncos were having this kind of season and they were playing another team that is terrible, I wouldn't go either. Call me a bad fan, whatever, but I'd rather be home at this point too.

Comment

Knew they should of went down to three dollars a ticket.

Comment

Quit whining, Denver does not suck, chiefs do. I laugh in the general direction of any chief fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dipso View Post

Comment

I'm surprised by it myself...I mean, thay actually have a chance of winning that game for a change.

Comment

Let's make it interesting.

So the weather forecast on Sunday in Kansas calls for it to be about 35 degrees. Let's say it takes you maybe an hour of travelling to get to the game, and then another hour to get back home afterward.

How much would you actually need to be paid to go and see the Chiefs and Browns in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
                You know, it's going to be easy to pile on Chiefs fans... But screw that, if the Broncos were having this kind of season and they were playing another team that is terrible, I wouldn't go either. Call me a bad fan, whatever, but I'd rather be home at this point too.
                BOOOOOOOO!

You never let up or not pile on a mullet.

Comment

I posted last week that they should start paying the fans to fill the seats. See, now look what happend. Those $5 dollar tickets were just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dipso View Post

Their streak ended. They're not going to live that one down for awhile.

Comment

Denver is a better football town than Kansas City and always will be, period.

Comment

Great...the local sportsbar will be filled more than ever with Chiefs fans...AND they actually have a chance to win...ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                          Great...the local sportsbar will be filled more than ever with Chiefs fans...AND they actually have a chance to win...ugh...
                          How is the sports bar going to get around the blackout in Topeka?

They have an old analog dish?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
                            How is the sports bar going to get around the blackout in Topeka?

They have an old analog dish?
                            The sports bar I go to watch the games has Direct TV. I'm guessing that they will show the game...I guess. I don't know what the rules are concerning blackouts, since the Chiefs haven't been blacked out since 1990...

Comment

It's only appropriate. Chief fans blacked out weeks ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X