Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

A case can be made that Shanny's fall from grace started when he drafted Cutler with a squad that just went to the AFCC. Lovie will be put under the microscope if Cutler struggles and the Bears miss the playoffs. I think Cutler is so over rated that he will take down a few HCs before everyone catches on that while a possessor of a great arm he is a loser between the ears.
    YES, I can see that because he has proven nothing and is over rated
    69.12%
    NO WAY, he's a franchise QB and will be a coach maker not breaker.
    30.88%

Wow, you really can't get over yourself. How can you call this dude a coach killer at this point in his career? I hated how he left town as much as the next guy, but you are counting your eggs a little early. I'm not a Cutler fan, but aside from the first half of thefirst game, he's been nothing short of solid.

Comment

you have too extreme choices there so I went the safe route and said no way. A coach needs to corral his QB like Shanny did with Plummer in 05 and the ints dropped dramatically. NOW, if a coach tries to do that with Cutler and he still thinks he is better than Elway and f ups the game plan, then he is in trouble. He doesnt have the Elway click and it would kill his team if he tried. If that does happen (Cutler getting hard headed) and we know he is capable of it, then he can ruin a coach. Hmm, now you know my problem with two choices. I could go both ways on that poll

Comment

Originally posted by jhat01 View Post
        Wow, you really can't get over yourself. How can you call this dude a coach killer at this point in his career? I hated how he left town as much as the next guy, but you are counting your eggs a little early. I'm not a Cutler fan, but aside from the first half of thefirst game, he's been nothing short of solid.
        I'll take that as a "NO" than.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
          you have too extreme choices there so I went the safe route and said no way. A coach needs to corral his QB like Shanny did with Plummer in 05 and the ints dropped dramatically. NOW, if a coach tries to do that with Cutler and he still thinks he is better than Elway and f ups the game plan, then he is in trouble. He doesnt have the Elway click and it would kill his team if he tried. If that does happen (Cutler getting hard headed) and we know he is capable of it, then he can ruin a coach. Hmm, now you know my problem with two choices. I could go both ways on that poll
          I shoulda made it multiple choice.

Comment

I think that even thinking the thought that Cutler killed Shanahan's coaching career is ignorant, let alone actually putting your body through the motions of actually posting it.

I mean... Seriously...

What!?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
              I'll take that as a "NO" than.
              Kind of..He may be a franchise qb, ask me after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                A case can be made that Shanny's fall from grace started when he drafted Cutler with a squad that just went to the AFCC. Lovie will be put under the microscope if Cutler struggles and the Bears miss the playoffs. I think Cutler is so over rated that he will take down a few HCs before everyone catches on that while a possessor of a great arm he is a loser between the ears.
                Young and inconsistent? Yes. Bad? No.

What makes you think he is bad? Was it the fact that he has two game winning drives and two game winning TDs in 3 games this year? Do you really think this is the first QB that is cocky and has an attitude problem? Do you really think that hurts their skill? I don't. Aikman even said so when asked about Cutler this offseason. Specifically, he said "Us QBs are a different breed".

I think cutler will be very good as they learn that the run game still exists even when you have a QB. They always have decent defenses and special teams. With the RB that they have, Cutler shouldn't be asked to carry that team, and he won't have to. That will make him successful.

Comment

Choices are worded pretty narrowly, but he's definitely not a "coach killer."

Our defense the past tow years, now THERE'S a coach killer.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think the Bears are lucky to be 2-1. They are getting nothing from the ground game and Jay has 0 chemistry with his receivers.

Comment

The internet really needed this thread. Thanks!

Comment

Considering some talking heads at Si , fox , and espn are saying he is having a MVP type year to have the Bears at 2-1 with as little weapons on O as they have makes this thread is stupid ...

Craw back in your mud hut and prep your end of the world kit and stop making stupid threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                            I think that even thinking the thought that Cutler killed Shanahan's coaching career is ignorant, let alone actually putting your body through the motions of actually posting it.

I mean... Seriously...

What!?
                            Shanahan; Ya Pat all I need to get another Lombarti is a franchise QB, I know it looks like we are close and were one win away but the hell with the D we need a QB and besides the D was Coyer just give me Cutler and your check book and I'll bring you a winner.

Pat Bowlen aka (Gutless drunk); Well Mike I gave you Cutler, let you blow up the 05 team and gave you my check book and you lost the division with a 3 game lead and 3 games to go, what happened.

Shanahan;

Well we put it on Cutler and he had a couple of bad games but we'll get them next year we are really close now Pat, jay just needs another weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              Young and inconsistent? Yes. Bad? No.

What makes you think he is bad? Was it the fact that he has two game winning drives and two game winning TDs in 3 games this year? Do you really think this is the first QB that is cocky and has an attitude problem? Do you really think that hurts their skill? I don't. Aikman even said so when asked about Cutler this offseason. Specifically, he said "Us QBs are a different breed".

I think cutler will be very good as they learn that the run game still exists even when you have a QB. They always have decent defenses and special teams. With the RB that they have, Cutler shouldn't be asked to carry that team, and he won't have to. That will make him successful.
                              Hey all I did was make a poll STFU and vote or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X