Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orton 2nd in 25+ yard completions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • orton 2nd in 25+ yard completions

    after peyton manning, ahead of brees and rivers. thats hefty company right there. his QB rating is great and hes not turning the ball over. initially i didnt like what i was seeing, but when you look at his game as a whole, its pretty good, especially for this offense. just distribute the ball to the playmakers and let them do their job. i retract my start tom B statements for the time being!

  • #2
    But but he can't throw downfield>>?!!?!! Hurrrrr durrrrrrr hurrrrrrrr

    Comment


    • #3
      pretty shockingly good information

      Comment


      • #4
        That's pretty funny.







        Use the Damn Shift Key!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Karenin View Post
          But but he can't throw downfield>>?!!?!! Hurrrrr durrrrrrr hurrrrrrrr
          Cute, but again...25+ yard completions does not equate to throwing downfield.

          Do you see why?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Karenin View Post
            But but he can't throw downfield>>?!!?!! Hurrrrr durrrrrrr hurrrrrrrr
            You may want to start watching the games again... all those "Long" completions were relatively short throws that the WR turned into long gains.

            But... FWIW, the retarded "Durr Hurr" sounds were much more pleasant than your normal posts.
            Last edited by TheDave; 09-21-2009, 05:03 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
              after peyton manning, ahead of brees and rivers. thats hefty company right there. his QB rating is great and hes not turning the ball over. initially i didnt like what i was seeing, but when you look at his game as a whole, its pretty good, especially for this offense. just distribute the ball to the playmakers and let them do their job. i retract my start tom B statements for the time being!
              thats just silly talk , everyone knows Cutler is a franchise QB and Orton sucks

              Comment


              • #8
                And once again, this offense wasn't designed to go deep down field. it was designed to give the playmakers a chance to -- ready? -- make plays! Get them the ball with space to run, and that's exactly what they're doing.

                I'm going to withhold judgement on Orton's ability/arm until he takes the glove off. Should be this week. hopefully that makes his ball less wobbly and gives him a bit more zip.

                FTR, it's a very different feeling to throw the ball with a glove than without. Just saying.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheDave View Post
                  You may want to start watching the games again... all those "Long" completions were relatively short throws that the WR turned into long gains.
                  thats not a bad thing...his job is to get the ball to the guys who make the plays, and hes doing it. the recievers are better at their position than orton is at QB, i think we all agree on that, so all he has to do is get them the ball in open space and let them do what tehy do, ill take a 10 yard throw and 20 YAC instead of a 30 yard attempt downfield where completion % is lower.

                  orton has taken shots downfield (not 50 yards but 20-30 yards) too and has looked pretty good doing it however

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
                    And once again, this offense wasn't designed to go deep down field. it was designed to give the playmakers a chance to -- ready? -- make plays! Get them the ball with space to run, and that's exactly what they're doing.

                    I'm going to withhold judgement on Orton's ability/arm until he takes the glove off. Should be this week. hopefully that makes his ball less wobbly and gives him a bit more zip.

                    FTR, it's a very different feeling to throw the ball with a glove than without. Just saying.
                    All that fancy smancy mumbo jumbo,make a play football talk .......... face it Cutler is a franchise

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh Boy! Now that we finally have a guy who has the arm strength to throw deep, no one can stop us!
                      Last edited by spdirty; 09-21-2009, 05:13 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheDave View Post
                        You may want to start watching the games again... all those "Long" completions were relatively short throws that the WR turned into long gains.

                        But... FWIW, the retarded "Durr Hurr" sounds were much more pleasant than your normal posts.
                        The offense isn't designed for a bunch of low % bombs (no matter who is QB, those are low % passes). However, Orton HAS thrown several passes 20-50 yards.

                        Im with tsiguy, Id rather go with the higher % pass in the short-intermediate range and get the 20+ YAC after it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Next thing you know Denvermooseguy will come in here and tell us Orton not turning the ball over is a bad thing cause if we sustain drives our defense will get rusty

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                            Oh Boy! Now that we finally have a guy who has the arm strength to throw deep, no one can stop us!
                            Start cheering for the Broncos or stop posting here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rock Chalk View Post
                              The offense isn't designed for a bunch of low % bombs (no matter who is QB, those are low % passes). However, Orton HAS thrown several passes 20-50 yards.

                              Im with tsiguy, Id rather go with the higher % pass in the short-intermediate range and get the 20+ YAC after it.
                              Good lord people... My post in response to Karenin and his/her assumption that this proved that Orton could go down field at will... because he can't and we should all know that by now.

                              Now... I realize it very popular to pretend this offense isn't designed to go down field. Problem is they use the long ball in NE quite a bit. So if you ask me the reason we don't has more to do with out talent (both QB & WR's) than with it's design.

                              Trust me, at some point we will need to stretch the defense to some degree or we will continue to see 8 & 9 men fronts.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X