Happy Pioneer Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Pioneer Day!

So, what are you guys doing for Pioneer Day? Every year, we go down to my in-laws and swim with the kids, shoot off fireworks, etc.

Are you guys doing anything today?

Did you make that up to get the day off from work?

Comment

Come on, man! Let's hear about it! What Pioneer Day festivities are you taking part in today?

Comment

Originally posted by dbfan4life View Post
        Did you make that up to get the day off from work?
        Nope. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Day_(Utah)

This is one of the AWESOME things about living in Utah. On the 24th of July, the whole freakin' state shuts down for Pioneer Day. Seriously, it's crazy.

So, for those of you keeping score at home, here is a list of AWESOME things about living in Utah:

1) Pioneer Day!

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
          Nope. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Day_(Utah)

This is one of the AWESOME things about living in Utah. On the 24th of July, the whole freakin' state shuts down for Pioneer Day. Seriously, it's crazy.

So, for those of you keeping score at home, here is a list of AWESOME things about living in Utah:

1) Pioneer Day!
          That stupid link doesn't work. But suffice it to say, Utah is in PARTY MODE today! WOOT!

Comment

I'm going to go down by the river, maybe do a little fishing and smoke some weed. Happy Pioneer Day to you and yours, Dom.

Comment

Man, I hate it when I end up with three posts in a row!

But on PIONEER DAY, crazy things happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                I'm going to go down by the river, maybe do a little fishing and smoke some weed. Happy Pioneer Day to you and yours, Dom.
                Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Brigham Young is pleased with you on this day, my good friend!

Comment

Okay, I'm not feeling any PIONEER DAY love! Where's gunns when I need her? Wait! I KNOW WHERE SHE IS! SHE'S CELEBRATING PIONEER DAY - THAT'S WHERE SHE IS!

But, anyway - here's a link to a story about the Days of '47 Parade in downtown SLC: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12906734

And just to show you how crazy we are in this state, when it comes to PIONEER DAY - here's a link to a story about a lady who jumped off a tall building during the PIONEER DAY festivities this morning: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12907139

I gotta party with that lady! Don't get me wrong - she's dead! But still! I think you hear me knocking, right?

Comment

Clearly, everyone is trying to whittle down their favorite PIONEER DAY memories to the very one that is their MOST FAVORITE!

Comment

Well I know Joshua wont be in this thread. Crazy Mormons. I hear on this day they might take a shot of..... caffeine down by the river.

Comment

Happy Pioneer Day I'm going to sacrifice a baby Cow in pray to the Gods

Comment

I prefer to substitute Pioneer Day with Whacking Day. There's just a whole lot more....whacking.

Comment

Does Pioneer day mean I can finally do this chick?

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                              Does Pioneer day mean I can finally do this chick?

No, only on Defiling Day...

Comment

Working...
                              X