Things Other Parents Think Are OK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Other Parents Think Are OK.

So My son who is 3 just came home the other day and goes. "Who you Gonna Call?"

I bust out "Ghost Busters!" He laughs hysterically and goes on to repeat a little more of the music. Now I am thinking wait a second. So I ask him What happens at the end. He Goes on to tell me about a Giant White Monster going after the Ghost Busters. I am Instantly Furious.

There is no way my 3 year old son should be watching that movie. I could not believe that any sane adult would let kids that age watch it. I am Livid.

I totally understand, with lyrics such as "bustin' makes me feel good"...

Comment

It could be worse, They could have forced him to watch Ghostbusters II.

Comment

You can't deny the tot some Peter Venkman!

"This chick is TOAST!"

Comment

At least it wasn't Robocop.

Comment

I taught my little girl(2) to say "Nobody puts Baby in a corner". My wife didn't think it was funny when she told my daughter to go to a timeout.

Comment

From the Kid's side of it, let me say that I watched stuff like that when I was little(I saw Scary Movie when I was 10 and was laughing the loudest in the theatre) and I'm fine. Actually...Some of my earliest childhood memories are of listening to Flo and Eddie(My Mom's favourite...Terrible stuff) and I can safely say that the jokes you're worried about your kid hearing, he doesn't get.

Comment

You're worried about Ghostbusters?

My three year old's favorite movie is Saw.

Comment

I don't want my kid to know words that I can't type on a message board. I also don't want him sexualized at a young age. Nothing good can come from it.

Comment

Ghostbusters? Really? I have more of a problem with Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia than I do with Ghostbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

Dear God I hope you are joking. I watched that once and wish I could undo it.

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
                        I taught my little girl(2) to say "Nobody puts Baby in a corner". My wife didn't think it was funny when she told my daughter to go to a timeout.

Comment

Dude, it's a scary world. I know a day care teacher who lets her sons (5 and 3) watch Chucky movies to 'calm them down'.

I bet she watches Nightmare on Elm Street to get in the mood.

At any rate, I'm sure we can all agree that, for comedic relief, nothing beats watching the Oakland Raiders.

Comment

I think By my not changing with the Ebb and Flow of Society I am now going to be looked at as a nutjob. I still get offended when people lie to me. Old School I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

my 4 year old doesn't care for movies, but I catch him playing Left for Dead all the time....

Comment

Working...
                              X