Twitter: Do you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter: Do you use it?

Just curious out there who is using Twitter yet...
    Yes. A lot.
    10.68%
    Yes. Some.
    11.97%
    I have it, but don't use it too much
    7.26%
    I know about it, and plan to check it out.
    5.13%
    I know about it, and have no desire.
    45.30%
    What the heck is Twitter?
    19.66%

Just from reading the faq's on the main page...it kinda seems like the updates feature on myspace, or the wall to wall feature on facebook. What's different about it, or maybe a better question...why would I be more inclined to use it over the other two?

Do you have it taco?

how is it?

Comment

I like twitter. Just another way to connect.

Comment

I have not "twatted" as Stephen Colbert so eloquently stated:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4EoN4nr5FQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4EoN4nr5FQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But I have read other's tweets. Here is another video that pretty much sums up Twitter:

<object width="400" height="342">
        <param name="movie" value="http://current.com/e/89891774/en_US"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://current.com/e/89891774/en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="342" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Comment

So when did this fad pop up?

Comment

No. Society is going down the crapper!

Comment

A what? If it was around back then, Ashley Lelie could have been a quitter by using his Twitter...

Comment

I think Twitter is the future of the Internet. I'm just starting to open up to the possibilities of it. I think the concept is going to revolutionize the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                  I think Twitter is the future of the Internet. I'm just starting to open up to the possibilities of it. I think the concept is going to revolutionize the Internet.

really ?

The future

I don't know about all that ...

Comment

It looks like fun, both writing and reading. I just haven't taken the plunge as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TDmvp View Post
                      really ?

The future

I don't know about all that ...

Yes. I think in 5 years, you'll be suprised to know someone who doesn't use Twitter in some form or fashion. It's being used like a toy right now - which is good, because they've established a foundation and have proven the model. But keep your eye on FaceBook and Twitter. Both are the next big Internet powerhouses (think Google).

Comment

Yes. I think in 5 years, you'll be suprised to know someone who doesn't use Twitter in some form or fashion. It's being used like a toy right now - which is good, because they've established a foundation and have proven the model. But keep your eye on FaceBook and Twitter. Both are the next big Internet powerhouses (think Google).
                        I agree with you TJ, I think Twitter has a lot of promise, especially in the realm of real time search.

Comment

The internet is more vast than a few networking sites. Twitter is just another fad, and when this dies down (like myspace), we can go back to looking for pron.

I do agree the concept of these are great, nothing like letting the people who may/may not care about you know that you went to the grocery store.

Comment

Really??

As I understand it, the concept is to develop a base of contacts that you "twit" to.. short text bursts on what you're doing right that moment.

Most of what I do during any given day (or week) is not Twit worthy.

And I'll be damned if I'll invest the time and energy into developing the network in advance for my once in a blue moon twittable moment..

The whole concept is untenable. It is not possible to be cool twittering about a cool moment.

Various members of congress proved this recently: During Obama's address to congress last month, many congressmen and dignitaries were caught Twittering - "OMG!! I am totally at the President's speech!!!"

If you have the good fortune to have a truly Twittable moment, are you really going to ruin it by Twitting about it?

I'm not.

Taco, please elucidate what I'm missing in the potential(s) presented by this new technology?

Comment

I'm really curious why. I seem to understand how this twitter thing works but I don't get the appeal.

Of course I'm someone who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the world of text messaging. I know people who only communicate through texts, they never actually use their phone for speaking. You have no choice but to text if you want to contact them. I'll admit I'm getting used to it but it's still a drag compared to every other form of communication.

So twitter is text messaging to anyone who cares to read it. Mini blogging. And this is going to take over the world how? Why? What am I missing?
                              Last edited by Bronco X; 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X