Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculating presidential assassination is unacceptable.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculating presidential assassination is unacceptable.

Don't do it.

It's a legit topic, there is a real danger that is presented with this president that we have never seen about the likelihood of attempts on his life. I'm sure threats have already been made.

Comment

Well yeah threats have already been made. One thwarted in Colorado another in Tennessee. But this is tied to stuff said last night.

Its ok to say I hope it doesn't happen. Thats not what TJ is refering to I think.

Comment

I agree with TJ. There are some nightmares you just don't share.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          I agree with TJ. There are some nightmares you just don't share.
          like Ro running naked through the streets?

Comment

Originally posted by ak1971 View Post
            like Ro running naked through the streets?
            I told my wife not to post that on Youtube.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
              Don't do it.
              What is disappointing is that this actually did need to be stated.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ Bronco View Post
                It's a legit topic, there is a real danger that is presented with this president that we have never seen about the likelihood of attempts on his life. I'm sure threats have already been made.

It's a legit topic maybe on another forum.

On this one, I won't allow this sort of nonsense speculation to go unchecked. If an attempt is made on his life, or something in the news drives this topic, so be it. But someone just openly speculating that he's going to be assassinated doesn't serve anyone - and puts people (including yourself and this forum in general) at unecessary risk.

Comment

On this one, I won't allow this sort of nonsense speculation to go unchecked. If an attempt is made on his life, or something in the news drives this topic, so be it. But someone just openly speculating that he's going to be assassinated doesn't serve anyone - and puts people (including yourself and this forum in general) at unecessary risk.
                  867-5309 whoops wrong thread

Comment

Fantastic point.

Comment

but it was ok for the last 8 years ...

Originally posted by baja
                      Well they got the charges right. Now let him out and give him Bush's schedule.

LOOK at me , I'm a POS who finds joking about a world leaders death funny, if it's one i disagree with .. But don't you dare say something about someone i agree with ... You look like timothy leary on crack i might add ...

.... Now I'm one of the people who went after Bmarsh615 saying stuff lastnight about Obama in PMs to Buff AND I PUSHED FOR PERM BANNING ...

But it goes both ways .... so can maybe both side stop wishing people die and $hit ...

TJ I think any cheering the subject of a politician being assassinated should get you one month ... and then perma ban if you can't learn .
                      Last edited by TDmvp; 11-06-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

It's too late for you TJ.

Comment

Just because
                          <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW80Kfg1NKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW80Kfg1NKI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

TJ, this is from Newsweek today. I take it this kind of thing is okay to post (if not, feel free to delete it).

The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide.

Comment

Absolutely. don't eff up our board.

Comment

Working...
                              X