Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhgaffney
    replied
    In addition there are an estimated 700 Trillion in derivatives -- and no one really understands who is exposed and how much.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    What's falling? Since the Great Recession, the average billionaire's income has gone up 21%.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-in-one-table/

Look across that bottom line. For them, nothing is falling. There is no apocalypse. In fact, it's the best they've ever had it in our nation's history. Even better than the Robber Baron era.
    That is exactly my point. For capitalism to work money must move from hand to hand to hand. All he money collected at the top does not allow that to happen. The real debt in the US government is about 70 trillion. The debt to capital is an ridiculously unstable 80 to 1 if you use the real numbers.

The top 1%'s success is at the expense of debt crisis and the bottom 70% of Americans.

Same scenario to a much lesser degree is what set up the crash of 29

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Can I make an appointment with you

Leave a comment:

• W*GS
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    Population decreased by 80%

Full control of the ones left standing

And unpolluted earth all to themselves with a ½ million of us left to serve them until robotics is more advanced.

But mostly because they despise us and want to evolve into singularity with most of us out of the way they are free to do all of these things..

Or maybe they are just bat shiit crazy

Or have been influenced by the under world they worship.

Look around, 10 years ago did you ever think the world could possibly be this ****ed up?

Just think of all the problems that go away with all the mouth breathers gone is how they see it.

Evolving humanity is their 'noble' goal.

How do you explain the insane condition that our world finds itself in?
    Got it.

Seek help.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    To the contrary, it's like watching a skyscraper fall in slow motion and people are walking around like they don't see it.
    What's falling? Since the Great Recession, the average billionaire's income has gone up 21%.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-in-one-table/

Look across that bottom line. For them, nothing is falling. There is no apocalypse. In fact, it's the best they've ever had it in our nation's history. Even better than the Robber Baron era.
    Last edited by Rohirrim; 09-05-2014, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    To the contrary, it's like watching a skyscraper fall in slow motion and people are walking around like they don't see it.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    I wish that were it simple greed, in fact I pray that's it but I don't think so.

As this advances you will come to the same conclusion as me IMO. Again I would love to be wrong....
    You're waiting for big things while the little things just keep piling on top of each other. It's like the frog in the boiling water (which is actually false, because as the water heats up, the frog will get out). Humans aren't so smart.

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Gradual alterations in government policies, the tax code, regulatory structure, trade deals and laws. Why do you think the Koch Brothers are investing millions in local elections?
    I wish that were it simple greed, in fact I pray that's it but I don't think so.

As this advances you will come to the same conclusion as me IMO. Again I would love to be wrong....

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied

And unpolluted earth all to themselves with a ½ million of us left to serve them until robotics is more advanced.

But mostly because they despise us and want to evolve into singularity with most of us out of the way they are free to do all of these things..

Look around, 10 years ago did you ever think the world could possibly be this ****ed up?

Just think of all the problems that go away with all the mouth breathers gone is how they see it.

Gradual alterations in government policies, the tax code, regulatory structure, trade deals and laws. Why do you think the Koch Brothers are investing millions in local elections?

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by W*GS View Post
    So let's say the Bilderbergs/Trilateral Commission/reptilians "break" the system.

What would they gain from doing so, baja?

Last edited by baja; 09-04-2014, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• W*GS
    replied
    So let's say the Bilderbergs/Trilateral Commission/reptilians "break" the system.

What would they gain from doing so, baja?

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Like I said we see it very differently.

They want to break it and they are counting on just what is happening which is - " That's crazy talk who would believe something like that ".

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Reagan told America, "The government is the problem." The solution? Corporate rule.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Here's how Sheldon Wolin put it:

• Whereas in Nazi Germany the state dominated economic actors, in inverted totalitarianism, corporations through political contributions and lobbying, dominate the United States, with the government acting as the servant of large corporations. This is considered "normal" rather than corruption.[6]

• While the Nazi regime aimed at the constant political mobilization of the population, with its Nuremberg rallies, Hitler Youth, and so on, inverted totalitarianism aims for the mass of the population to be in a persistent state of political apathy. The only type of political activity expected or desired from the citizenry is voting. Low electoral turnouts are favorably received as an indication that the bulk of the population has given up hope that the government will ever help them.[7]

• While the Nazis openly mocked democracy, the United States maintains the conceit that it is the model of democracy for the whole world.[8] Wolin writes:

Inverted totalitarianism reverses things. It is all politics all of the time but a politics largely untempered by the political. Party squabbles are occasionally on public display, and there is a frantic and continuous politics among factions of the party, interest groups, competing corporate powers, and rival media concerns. And there is, of course, the culminating moment of national elections when the attention of the nation is required to make a choice of personalities rather than a choice between alternatives. What is absent is the political, the commitment to finding where the common good lies amidst the welter of well-financed, highly organized, single-minded interests rabidly seeking governmental favors and overwhelming the practices of representative government and public administration by a sea of cash.[9]

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    That's the part that is so hard to believe it's all related and orchestrated by the same small group of global elites. I know I'm nuts right, if I did not dig into this I would think the same thing.
    The effect is the same, but not the motive. They have sunk the idea of liberal democracy and replaced it with cost effectiveness. It's the replacement of liberal democratic principles with capitalist principles. Modern capitalism and modern democracy were born about the same time and have been struggling against each other ever since. Capitalism has won. Of course, the principles of capitalism are antithetical to those of democracy. For one thing, capitalism has a strictly hierarchical structure and has pretty much zero social components. There is no "general welfare" component to corporatism. There is not a single tyrant, or even a group of tyrants, simply an oligarchy, working sometimes in collusion, sometimes not, but always under the same principles, to ensure that their own interests are rewarded. Inverted totalitarianism.

They don't seek to stamp out dissent or create a police state so much as ensure stability. They don't seek political mastery of the globe, simply economic mastery. They just don't want to be disturbed by politics. You can dissent all you want (as long as you stay in the "free speech zone"). Your dissent just doesn't mean anything. As long as the populace is more worried about survival than politics, the stability of the totalitarian regime is intact. The corporate media reports on the importance of the status quo. That is a defining feature. That is the focus. As long as you don't mess with that, you're good.

Of course, responding to things like global warming, or other major social issues, is out of the question. Capitalism demands constant growth. Everything else must be subsumed to that basic requirement. So, stay out of the way, don't make noise, and be satisfied with whatever crumbs come your way. You'll be happy, healthy and wise.

At least, that's one theory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X