Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Sometimes, simple works best.
    I would agree with that most of the time but there is no simple solution to global economic melt down.

Please watch the vid in the OP. Yes they have an agenda of selling a book but they lay out their case with facts not conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
      I would agree with that most of the time but there is no simple solution to global economic melt down.

Please watch the vid in the OP. Yes they have an agenda of selling a book but they lay out their case with facts not conjecture.
      Doesn't matter. Value is imaginary. If the entire economy of the world collapsed and the dollar was worth zero, you know what would happen? The oligarchs would agree on a new value, re-inflate the balloon, and start over. Don't waste your life worrying about it. For the people in the bottom two thirds, the worst has already happened.

Comment

What happens to the top third when the stock market devalues by 70% ?

Dude you as well as most people are in for a huge awakening.

Comment

What happens to the top third when the stock market devalues by 70% ?

Dude you as well as most people are in for a huge awakening.
          You've been saying that for years now.

Comment

You've been saying that for years now.
            Because it been happening for years. You don't stop a 100 car freight train on 10 feet of track.

Comment

Because it been happening for years. You don't stop a 100 car freight train on 10 feet of track.
              It goes up. It goes down. C'est la vie.

Comment

It goes up. It goes down. C'est la vie.
                Wish you'd watch the vid and comment on that.

Comment

Wish you'd watch the vid and comment on that.
                  I watched some of it. I suggest you start a drinking game and take a shot for every time they say "could." There's a whole bunch of **** that "could" happen. There's also a whole bunch of **** that won't happen. You know why? Because the economies of whole countries are involved around the world in the same game. They have a vested interest, a survival interest, in keeping the game going. Which currency are they going to switch to? China? Russia? Saudi Arabia? What would that create? Major instability.

Think of this, what is the one thing the worlds' business wants? Answer: Stability. Why do we get involved in all these wars? The pursuit of stability. Market stability. The oligarchs demand a stable environment to do business in. You can't do business in chaos. America still has the most stable economy in the world. It's propped up by so many inter-dependent connections around the world that essentially, everybody is in the same boat. You think somebody is going to suddenly knock a hole in the boat? Ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Maybe they want to crash it to instill a new world order. For the record I hope you are right really I do.

In the mean time there is not much reason to discuss these things. You believe what you need to believe and I understand that. I like you Ro but as long as I see this thing spiraling ever downward we will never convince each other of anything which is why I don't post in the WPR forum any more.

Comment

Maybe they want to crash it to instill a new world order. For the record I hope you are right really I do.

In the mean time there is not much reason to discuss these things. You believe what you need to believe and I understand that. I like you Ro but as long as I see this thing spiraling ever downward we will never convince each other of anything which is why I don't post in the WPR forum any more.
                      I'm more worried about Putin starting WWIII.

Comment

The very same "they" that you are dead certain would never allow an economic meltdown because of mutual self interest,

Are the exact same "they" who would band together to contain Putin.

As you say - "they" demand stability.

Comment

So the real question is: Do "they" actually have the power to stop either one?

Comment

That's the part that is so hard to believe it's all related and orchestrated by the same small group of global elites. I know I'm nuts right, if I did not dig into this I would think the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                              the interview is well worth watching -- but I regret that at the end Rickards makes a pitch to sell his book.

Just ignore that part. MHG
                              I am sure it has been mentioned but boy is that calling the kettle black.

Comment

That's the part that is so hard to believe it's all related and orchestrated by the same small group of global elites. I know I'm nuts right, if I did not dig into this I would think the same thing.
                                The effect is the same, but not the motive. They have sunk the idea of liberal democracy and replaced it with cost effectiveness. It's the replacement of liberal democratic principles with capitalist principles. Modern capitalism and modern democracy were born about the same time and have been struggling against each other ever since. Capitalism has won. Of course, the principles of capitalism are antithetical to those of democracy. For one thing, capitalism has a strictly hierarchical structure and has pretty much zero social components. There is no "general welfare" component to corporatism. There is not a single tyrant, or even a group of tyrants, simply an oligarchy, working sometimes in collusion, sometimes not, but always under the same principles, to ensure that their own interests are rewarded. Inverted totalitarianism.

They don't seek to stamp out dissent or create a police state so much as ensure stability. They don't seek political mastery of the globe, simply economic mastery. They just don't want to be disturbed by politics. You can dissent all you want (as long as you stay in the "free speech zone"). Your dissent just doesn't mean anything. As long as the populace is more worried about survival than politics, the stability of the totalitarian regime is intact. The corporate media reports on the importance of the status quo. That is a defining feature. That is the focus. As long as you don't mess with that, you're good.

Of course, responding to things like global warming, or other major social issues, is out of the question. Capitalism demands constant growth. Everything else must be subsumed to that basic requirement. So, stay out of the way, don't make noise, and be satisfied with whatever crumbs come your way. You'll be happy, healthy and wise.

At least, that's one theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X